MediaInfo not updated when a file is replaced

spyko

Hello all,

MediaInfo of all mediafiles is now stored in mediainfo.db by MBServer, as I figured out.
The problem is that once a record is written for a specific mediafile, it never changes when the specific file is replaced.

For example, Let's say I have in my library a movie called "movie1.avi" in 480p quality, sound:2ch MP3 & video: encoded with XviD codec,

and I replace it with the "movie1.mkv" in 720p quality encoded with x264 AVC codec.
MediaBrowser will keep showing that the movie is AVI, XviD Mp3 2.0.

Library scan doesn't refresh the file's mediainfo, nor Manual Refresh via the MB client does anything.

At least in MB2, mediainfo for every file was kept in a file called "mediainfo.data" under local metadata folder.
Deleting mediainfo.data and pressing "Refresh" (or <ctrl>+R for a whole folder) the file(s) was(were) re-created.

I think that the "Refresh" button should also update the mediainfo record in mediainfo.db and the <ctrl>+R option, for a group of files, should also be available.

Thanks

fraenhawk

That's odd. I was having trouble with the way MB3 mediainfo was parsing the subtitles (there's a thread somewhere on here about it). I used mkvpropedit to switch around what was forced and default and such and when I did that the mediainfo (as shown on the web client) updated with the new content. So I know it can update, just not sure the triggers. Wondering if a bug has been introduced since the version when it was working. Or I wonder if I took the file out of the directory, rescanned while it was gone, then reintroduced the file and rescanned again... I might have done that with the first file as an experiment, but I'm pretty sure I updated the other 11 files in the series directly in the shares so I don't think that's it.