No metadata only in certain movie folders

JLTSKFL

JLTSKFL

Hello.

I recently installed MB and Theater and I'm having a problem where I am not getting any metadata for movies stored only in certain folders.

MB and Theater are both installed on a new Win 7 machine which is accessing movie and TV show files through the network from another PC.

The other PC has a folder path set up like this:

D:My Movies and TV Shows/Movies/<Genre folder>/<movie filename>.mp4,etc

The folder "Movies" has been tagged in MB server as Movies type, and the Genre folders above include eight folder names of various genre like action and comedy.

The metadata will not show up in Theater for any movies in a few of the genre folders and just fine for the others.

As suggested in another topic, I deleted two library database files in the MB sever, re-tagged a few of the movies in the problem folders that had bad titles, and then restarted the server and let it run overnight. 

This did not solve the problem.

Moving a movie file from a problem folder to a non-problem folder makes the metadata show just fine once the movie is in a 'good' folder.

Please advise.  Thanks.

-John

JLTSKFL

Update:  I made a new folder, transfered the movie files to it, and then it worked.  But this makes no sense, and I'd like to know why the original folder didn't work.