Trailers Not Downloading

GrotShot

GrotShot

It seems that the downloading of movie trailers into the Channels section has stopped. The last mp4 files that are in the directory are dated 24 days ago. If I run the scheduled task to download Channel content it runs and completes in 1-2 seconds.

The trailers section in the web client has 26 movies but these will attempt to stream as they have not been downloaded. My internet connection is rubbish so they are not viewable when streaming.

Are others seeing this behaviour?

Happy2Play

I enabled download Channel content yesterday and it has only downloaded 7 trailers.

Tranquil

Regarding to your logfile, the file could not be found cause it is not there. (Error 404)

For example, it tries to download this file: http://ukpress.waytoblue.com/new_media/video/public_enemies_trl_b_1500k.mov

Try this in your browser and it will also fail.

Two possibilities:

• The file is renamed on the server and therefore could not be found
  • the file has been deleted
Edited by Tranquil

This is the hazard of trying to source information from places without a published API.  As a general rule we never do that for this reason (and others) but the trailers plug-in is the one exception.

Either the sources we're using have made changes or the information that we are getting from them is out of date.

GrotShot

EBR - that's all I was trying to ascertain. Is it my setup or is this a plugin issue. If it's a plugin issue then that's fine but I'm surprised nobody else has chimed in with a response.

I would say it is either an issue at the source or something that needs to change in the plug-in.  Probably nothing you can do about it - unless you are the only one having the problem...

Logos302

Haven't looked but based on what GrotShot I'm pretty sure I've got the same issue, just never noticed it as MBC just streams the trailer.  So everything appears on the surface to be working.  

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

It is probably this setting "Download size limit (GB):" "Limit the size of the channel download folder".  That was my problem, increase folder size limit allow more downloads or lower retention time.

• Like 1