Genre Artwork and Collections options

Politoedz

Politoedz

Hey all I'm new to the forums and new to MB3 although i have used MB2 for a few years.

After two days of playing around with the new setup I'm left with two small problems.

1. I love the standard genre artwork and was wondering if anyone was able to make some artwork for "Super Heroes" genre and also "Super Natural" genre. The kids are into vampires werewolves and witches so having them in there own genre would be great.

2. This may already be an option that i just can't find but i would really like to be able to exclude movies that are put into collections from my main movie group. I love the idea of collections but can only see a use for them if they help clear out some of the movies from the main bulk.

Thanks in advance for any help

Politoedz

1. Sorry for requesting in the wrong place will open a new post in the fan art section.

2. This does not seem to do what I'm asking for. Once i open up media browser classic I have 3 places to find movies, collections, movies and movies by genre. I would like the option to exclude anything that is in the collections section from appearing in both the other sections, meaning that the only way to watch a film from a collection is via the collections tab.

If the option you have highlighted is supposted to do this then maybe i need to open a new post else where.

Thanks for your quick reply and any other advice you may have.

No, that option collapses movies into collections so that they are organized in the views.  There is no option to exclude any movie that is contained in a collection from other views.  I kinda doubt that would be a very useful option for most people but you never know...

Politoedz

I figured it was something a lot of people did but it must just be me. There is fan art for genre's which are basicly collections such as the "harry potter" icon in Xzener icons. I used to have custom genres for big collections of movies to make them easier to find and so they didn't clog up the other genres. i was hoping collections could replace them but i can just create custom genres again.

Thanks again for the quick reply.