No Video for mkv's with "forced" subtitles on LG 2013

pünktchen

pünktchen

Hi,

on my LG TV model 2013 there are no videos but only thumbs,

when the video is an mkv file with forced subtitles.

I've tested a mkv movie with and without the forced flag of the subtitle.

5400ac076dc08_IMG_20140829_182612.jpg

MBS Version 3.0.5347.22095

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

Maybe i should mention it is not a problem of the LG TV, because with Serviio it works :mellow:

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

Some more info: The problem (picture instead of movie) only persists if i browse the movies by their MBS folders!

If i go to the "video-section" in the dlna menu of my tv, the movies show up with the correct icon.

But i still cannot play one of those with forced flag of subtitles.

Happy2Play

This probably applies, Luke stated this in another thread.

The lg dlna profile has never had any subtitle features defined, simply because it hasn't been looked into yet. if it worked at one point, it was there by mistake.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7568-dlna-and-subtitles/?p=127448

This probably applies, Luke stated this in another thread.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7568-dlna-and-subtitles/?p=127448

he should still be able to play, just not with subtitles. he needs to provide more information:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

If I had to guess, I think it is trying to direct play the file and the tv doesn't understand the embedded subs. So I think that mkv needs to be transcoded. But it is only a guess.

pünktchen

Yes, I've tried to direct play movies, cause the same movies play without transcoding via "Serviio".

Here you will find the complete log from my last try and error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o1vn9xiq2sj41i/server-63545125666.rar?dl=0

MBS Version 3.0.5356.25680

TV LG 42LA6208-ZA

First I've browsed via folders to the movie "Die Letzte Legion" (has forced flag for subtitle in mkv) and have tried to play it - result: only a picture (moviecover) is shown.

Than I've browsed via the "Videos"-link in the "SmartShare"-section of my LG 42LA6208-ZA to the movie "47 Ronin" (has also forced subtitle flag) and tried to play it - result:

TV shows an error "This filetype is not supported"

i haven't looked at the log, but if both servioo and MBS are direct streaming, but it's not working from MBS, then it's likely response headers. so you could use something like fiddler or wireshark to find out what the differences are.

pünktchen

Tomorrow, it's to late here -_-

Another question: I saw some of the dlna-profiles have subtitle conditions, but where they are in the webinterface?

Where are in generall conditions for codecs and containers in the webinterface? Wasn't there some in earlier versions of MBS?

Happy2Play

There currently aren't option in the web interface to add profile condition to the dlna profiles.  You have to edit the profiles manually.  If you are going to edit a profile ensure you copy it to the user folder.  If you edit the profiles in system folder they will be overwrite back to the default settings.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna

Yea it's getting there. there's a few fields left from the profiles that aren't available, and that's one. 

pünktchen

i haven't looked at the log, but if both servioo and MBS are direct streaming, but it's not working from MBS, then it's likely response headers. so you could use something like fiddler or wireshark to find out what the differences are.

Okay, I've tried wireshark but must admit - it is really to heavy for a noob! To much information!

What filter should i use, what protocoll?

Maybe someone (@@Ghostm or @@7illusions) can write a little tut?

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

Okay guys, just a small update:

I got it working for most of my mkv movies with forced subtitles by defining

<SubtitleProfiles>
    <SubtitleProfile format="txt" method="External" />
    <SubtitleProfile format="srt" method="External" />
  </SubtitleProfiles>

in my custom DLNA-profile. But I cannot get it to work for subtitles in VobSub format. I've tried

<SubtitleProfiles>
    <SubtitleProfile format="sub" method="External" />
    <SubtitleProfile format="idx" method="External" />
  </SubtitleProfiles>

but it doesn't help. What's the correct syntax for VobSub or is it not implemented in MBS?

• 3 weeks later...
pünktchen

Thank you! I've read in the web that nearly every TV cannot handle vobsubs...

So maybe a dlna profile condition to disable subtitles when they are vobsubs would be a nice addition to MBS.