Design question regarding LiveTV and MBT in the future...

aziz

Hi,

I have quickly looked into this forum, and did not find my answer, if this already answered, then please point me to the right thread...

Will the design architecture of LiveTV in MBT, regardless of the plugin used, allow for the the TV (and PVR function) to follow you around the house, and hopefully around the world with your portable devices in place already?

This is the killer app of WMC.... It is true that it is only available on Xbox or no longer supported devices like Linksys or Samsung or that Echo thing, but it is still working and it is solid.  It is missing a lot of features, but delivering the basic features of allowing TV and PVR function to follow me around the house, plus it is a music system, a video player, a photo album in every room in my house!!

Also, is there plan for MB for xbox ??  so when people stop using WMC, they will be able to use Xbox and MBT just like they do with xbox and WMC

thanks

If you mean xbox one then, yes, we would like to get on that platform (but MS is making it difficult right now).  There will not be anything else done with the 360.

• 2 weeks later...
Lerronious

Any idea on a XBOne App Timeline. I use WMC with a SiliconDust Prime for live TV along with a XB360 Extender. Since Microsoft has abandoned us, I'd be nice to see someone else pick their slack.

scanner50

Will the design architecture of LiveTV in MBT, regardless of the plugin used, allow for the the TV (and PVR function) to follow you around the house, and hopefully around the world with your portable devices in place already?

This is the question I am most interested in hearing an answer to.

Edited by rainking430

It does that now but it really doesn't have anything to do with MBT.  That is all handled by the server.

scanner50

It does that now but it really doesn't have anything to do with MBT.  That is all handled by the server.

This will work with items that are currently recording as well?