Chromecast not showing in web client and broken in IOS

Chris Jones

Chris Jones

I recieved my chromecast yesterday and have it working with Netflix, seems like a great device. I then tried to cast to it from Media Browser web ui but it does not appear in the list (other devices such as Sonos show up). Is there a specific version that the functionality is in? I'm currently running 3.0.5347.22095.

I also bought the IOS app for iPad and the chromecast does appear in the list, when clicking on it the screen changes and says that it is ready but when pressing play on a movie or tv show the waiting/progress icon appears and it never gets any further than that.

Am i running the right versions? or is there some diagnostics i can grab?

(as a side note, it would be nice if we could hide devices, as for example i don't really want to see or use my sonos devices with media browser).

Thanks

Tranquil

Are you using the webUI on a mobile device? It seems that mobile Web UI does not support it right now. (seems to be a chrome limitation)

No ideas about the iOS/Chromecast functionality as I'm on android and that is running just fine.

Chris Jones

I tried it on chrome on my Windows 7 64bit PC and on Chrome on my tablet. Chrome's tab casting works from my PC so it definitely is accessible.

I was thinking about buying the android app as well but having just bought the IOS app i'd rather wait till either it or the web UI are working first.

Chris Jones

For some reason it is now working from the web ui, no idea what has changed. However the ipad app still just displays the blue circle progress icon.

Tranquil

For the iPad app:

Are you at the same network or an external one?

If there is just a spinning circle it maybe a connection problem. (App can not get in touch with chromecast).

I had this issue with the android app which is here to find: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8111-chromecast-and-blue-spinning-circle/

• 1 year later...
trusselo

I just purchased a Chromecast for my mother at her apple infested home and have it working great pc to Chromecast, all apps and Emby web interface app.Emby

Works fine on my android phones and tablet, everything.

Works fine on iOS tablet in Netflix app.

Does not work with app.Emby.media accessed through chrome browser on iOS tablet md531 iOS version 9

Cannot see Chromecast in the list of devices when pushing the cast icon of the sites upper right. Only see "my device" listed.

chrome browser for ios added support for Chromecast in June 2014 for websites that support it...

Yes the Chromecast app is installed, Netflix works, and shows the Chromecast in the list of devices when pushing the cast icon.

Hoping Emby app for iOS has Chromecast support out of the gate.... But would be nice to have this looked at too. Especially if the app is pay

The app does, but as for the safari browser, google has not released an SDK for mobile browsers. So it's not going to happen in the phone's browser until they do.

trusselo

The app does, but as for the safari browser, google has not released an SDK for mobile browsers. So it's not going to happen in the phone's browser until they do.

dude I said chrome browser for IOS which does have support, not safari

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/google-adds-chromecast-support-for-ios-chrome-app/  - July 2014

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.ca/2014/07/chrome-for-ios-update.html

I know, i was a mod before. you get used to skimming, and assuming. and start missing key words.. oops  been there, done that. ate much larger smellier feet.

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1