unable to get smooth playback

spon

Try creating another user profile on your HTPC. Install MBS/MBT and see if it makes a difference. I have seen weird things happen from corrupted user profiles.

Yea my lav settings along with reclock are nearly identical to yours with a slightly different audio option which is about the only difference in lav compared to yours.

MPC-hc with lav settings mbt uses also works perfectly with dxva  and copyback  offering smooth playback. 

thanks for all the replies everyone. I took ghostm advice and disabled custom presenter in the xml and set hardware acceleration to none in the UI and now have smooth playback. thanks again.

• Like 1

I did update from that link yesterday although I did just use amd auto detect, i assumed it would not be faulty but maybe people have stories of it being wrong. 

Which ever works. My AMD software alerted me and downloaded it. I later found the download link on AMD in case your PC didn't alert you. Its a shot in the dark and a 10% chance but was hoping it would fix your problem even though it something with MBT

Edited by A8HTPC

Thanks for the download link!

If anyone is having problems with smooth playback, try disabling custom presenter in the XML and turning off hardware acceleration as Ghostm described. Works like a charm for me. I've even been able to enable MadVR with some decent upscaling options. Very happy with the results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...