changing channel fails

kingy444

kingy444

I currently use serverwmc with two hdhomerun dual tuners. It streams nicely most of the time (occassional stutters and drop outs) but my main issue is thst if I am watching something and decide to change channels the new channel never plays. It actually starts the stream again from where the previous channel started (beginning of buffer I assume) anyone else have this issue ?

Incase I was unclear
Watching channel 8 -> switch to channel 7 -> first thing I saw on channel 8 starts playing again and never see channel 7

server-63546151234.zip

Edited by kingy444

krustyreturns

When you have time, watch the status tab in the serverwmc window and see if it receives a command to open a live stream on a new channel.  Or just reproduce this bug and post the serverwmc log.  I think this is related to the mbs transcoder though.

blade005

kingy444,

I had the exact same issue in the past.

Seems like the latest version of MB Server (Version 3.0.5366.22005) and ServerWMC (Version: 1.0.0.39, build: 1162) I am running have removed this issue.     

krustyreturns

It wasn't anything we did in serverwmc, if its fixed now its thanks to the MBS team.  Question: Using a web browser client, how do you change the channel without first stopping the stream you are watching?