Ipad 1st gen Ipad1... Does it work as App or Safari browswer??

aziz

Hi,

Question: Can I still use Ipad1  (1st Gen Ipad) to access Media Browser Server either via Safari browser or MB app??

Ipad 1 uses IOS 5.... and can't be upgraded..

when I try using Safari browser, it connects to the server, shows Media Browser logo, but fails to display thumbnails for users login...

The MB IOS app will not install as it requires a higher IOS.

This is nothing to do with Media Browser....  I just think Apple is asking all their users to throw away a perfectly working device, and buy a new one... The green company would rather destroy the planet with junked working Ipad1, in return for making them more profitable by buying their devices...

my next tab will certainly be android based....

thanks

p.s.  if you have Ipad 1 working for you, please advice me how to get it working..  I just need to use it as basic internet browser with Media Browser...

many thanks

Spaceboy

yep, i have also posted about this. on another thread a dev said they needed a 1st gen ipad to be able to fix it. i offered to post mine and send money to have it posted back. but the silence has been deafening. fair enough that the app doesn't support pre ios7 but i hoped to be able to use this superceded ipad as just a touch screen remote.

• Like 1

I agree with you totally Spaceboy...  I want to do the same.  It is a perfect use for an old device like ipad 1 (also environmentally friendly).. just leave it in the living room as a remote and media catalog for everyone to use without hogging the TV, just by using the internet browser on Ipad1....

really... it is apple's fault for not supporting their hardware  (I still have PC from 15 years ago, that I can still install win7 on :) :) :):D) it is really useful to automate odd things in the house..   it is called recycling, but this does not generate money for Apple...  too bad.

Longrifle

not sure if this will help as I don't have the iPad 1st gen, I have an iPad 2nd gen and was having the same problem, it turns out I had to turn of privacy mode on safari and that made it work.

MB app does not support iPad 1st gen.

hope this helps.

thanks for you help...

I tried that but it still refuses to work.. I download another browser, but I still have the same issue..  too bad..

Spaceboy

yes in safari it wont work at all with private mode on but even when its off you just get the mb logo. tried chrome as well as thats my default.

in safari with the debug mode turned on i see two errors when trying to load the login screen both javascript errors. undefined typeerror "undefined is not a function/object"

any help?