Mbc crashing on extender

rabbit1543
Go to solution Solved by rabbit1543,

rabbit1543

After the most recent update I have been having difficulty with the mbc client on my extenders. They are all linksys dma 2100. Typically I see the splash screen and then get a pop up saying that media browser 3 is not responding. Not sure what kind of logs would help on this kind of situation. If there is anything I can do to help trouble shoot please let me know.

EDIT: 

Found this in the mbc logs. The timing is pretty spot on to when the popup comes up on the extender asking to close the program.

2014-09-16 09:02:01.2399,Error,,Error getting response from http://10.0.0.22:8096/mediabrowser/Images/General?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The operation has timed out Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,Application
Edited by rabbit1543

• Solution
rabbit1543

Not sure what the issue was but so far i think i fixed the issue. I deleted the mcx-user\appdata\roaming\mediabrowser-classic folder for one extender and it seems to have done the trick. The folder was automatically recreated at first login attempt. I lost my preferences but other than that it looks good so far.

• Like 1

Wow, I used to use DMA2100's but found them lacking in the codec support. I went the route of Xbox 360's. Very please to see you are still running yours and sad MB3 was not around when I made that choice...

m

rabbit1543

The extenders work quite well for live and recorded tv but you are correct about the codecs. Almost all videos get transcoded and the quality isn't great but for the bedrooms they work good enough for me