copy a playlist

perry59

Is it possible to copy a playlist from one user to another?

I found folders corresponding to my playlists in "D:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\playlists"

but they are empty.

Thanks

• Like 1

FrostByte

I have the following files in the same directory you mentioned.  The playlist.xml is text editable.  They are music though, not sure if video playlists are kept somewhere else.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\playlists\{playlist name} [playlist]\

folder.jpg

playlist.xml

thumb.png

I have the following files in the same directory you mentioned.  The playlist.xml is text editable.  They are music though, not sure if video playlists are kept somewhere else.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\playlists\{playlist name} [playlist]\

folder.jpg

playlist.xml

thumb.png

on my system, these folders are empty (even after showing hidden/system files). I even did a computer search and found no files named "playlist.xml".

MB must have that info somewhereI

It would be nice to share playlists, my wife likes some of mine and it would be great if I could just "share" mine instead of re-creating them in her account.

Happy2Play

(right click the playlist you want then click edit) Is the path not the same as listed above?  That is where mine reside.

(right click the playlist you want then click edit) Is the path not the same as listed above?  That is where mine reside.

yes, the path in the editing dialog box is the same as what I listed above, but the various playlist folders are empty!

perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I cannot assign a custom image to a playlist either.

maybe I should just re install MB.

Happy2Play

I would create a test playlist and look at your log for errors if the same thing happens with the test playlist.

I do se some errors in the log file, null pointer & other stuff, but nothing specific to the playlist folders.

guess I should just uninstall, purge everything and re install, crud!

Well, after going to the trouble of uninstalling MB, cleaning up any remaining traces of it and re-installing my playlist folders are STILL empty.

and I STILL cannot assign a custom image to a playlist :(

apparently, I'm the only one with this problem. sure would like to know what the hell is going on here.

Its not a major problem or anything, MB is still DaBomB, but I'd like to be able to do this :angry:

Happy2Play

I see the same problem with custom images, but not the empty playlists folder.