GenreCleaner - Mapped Music Genres Still Appear in Dashboard

inzombyac
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

inzombyac

I have used GenreCleaner to clean up my my movie, TV, and now music genres.  However, there is an issue with my music genres.  When I go to the music genres page in the dashboard (mediabrowser/dashboard/musicgenres.html) I still see the mapped genres.  I checked the log and the mapping is occurring:

2014-09-19 07:10:39.4000 Info - App: Genre 'Alternative' mapped to 'Alternative Rock' for Rarities & B-Sides.

However, I can't get the mapped genres to disappear from the dashboard unless I manually edit the metadata and remove the genre from my albums

MediaBrowser server version:  3.0.5366.22005

GenreCleaner Version: 1.0.1.3

Log & screenshots: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9445055/Mediabrowser_Logs.zip

Let me know if there is more information needed to diagnose.

Please do this:

Select a single album that has one or more of these genres that should be removed.  Go into the metadata manager and do a full refresh on it.  Do the genres get removed properly?

inzombyac

I attempted both Refresh and then Advanced Refresh on one of the items in "Alt. Rock" which is mapped to "Alternative Rock".  After refresh the item still displays as "Alt. Rock" in the genre.  I checked the log and noticed a permission denied error changing the folder.jpg.  I deleted all the metadata in the local folder and refreshed again.  Still no luck.  Out of curiosity I looked at the Artist and the Artist has the same genre that I want to remove.  I refreshed the artist and the artist kept the same genres.

• Solution

Okay, so we probably are now storing genres at the Artist level where we weren't before or I just never realized we were.

• Like 2