Installing Media Browser Server on D Drive instead of C:

gsmenace

Is it possible to change installation location on Media Browser Server?  I have a 64gb SSD for my C drive that is close to being full. I know the SSD would be faster but I only have 7.33gb of free space left on it.

Good day,

Install the server to the default install folder, but you can change other store paths, like cache, images and a like to the partition d if you like.

My best

I have moved the systems paths for Cache, Image by Name, Metadata, and Transcoding Temporary files to my D Drive. Is it possible to move the "Logs" path from c; to d:?

sydlexius

I have moved the systems paths for Cache, Image by Name, Metadata, and Transcoding Temporary files to my D Drive. Is it possible to move the "Logs" path from c; to d:?

Take a look into the mklink command.  Symlinks are the more sensible option, however in situations where you might want to present these folders as part of a share, then your only option is to use directory junctions (using the same command).  While you're at it, you might want to toy around with NTFS compression on log folders, or any other text folders: caveat emptor when doing this on an SSD, since many drives performance take a nosedive when writing incompressible data (of which is what an NTFS compressed cluster is comprised).

DrWatson

That's a PITA.  Symlinks and Junctions are much simpler.  A quick Google search brought up this primer.

Well it is all about options now isn't it. You have your way, I have mine.

Everyone has different ways of doing things and I was giving the op a different way of doing things.