FR: Server - Putting all customize path settings in one place

Abobader

Good day,

It sure will be helpful to put all customize custom path settings in one place, instead of hunting them from different menu options as it is now.

Best, at the main dash (server), where the links info, under each link info, and option to change it to customize location by the users.

My best

• Like 4

Good day,

What "related" have to do with anything? Main point, if it can be "customize" by user for server paths, then (personal view) best to be in one place.

My best

• Like 1

I agree with Abo here.  It is tough to find the places where you modify them now because you can't always be sure which ones can be modified and, even then, you can't be sure where they "relate".  For instance, where do you change the cache path?  The cache is used for a lot of things.

You could keep them in the places they are now for when someone is looking specifically at transcoder settings, for instance, but also have them all there in the same list in one place.

Maybe you could just turn each path that is listed on the main dashboard page into a link that takes you to the place where it can be edited.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to agree to have a centralized configuration point for all paths. Probably it would also make sense to keep the idividual items related to specific task under those configuration settings too. However a centralized place makes sense to facilitate customizing them all at once. Probably this might under Advanced.

And on the previous post from Happy2Play, I also agree it makes sense to make these paths configurable too. For instance, logs (for a dev system) tend to grow quite a bit, it would be better if they were all configurable to accomodate for a better server storage planning.