Live TV with dcr-2650?

dmarkovi

I'm using the hauppauge dcr-2650 right now and it works fine when viewing TV through windows media center. I'm trying to get it to work through MB3 - Live TV and I can't seem to get it to work.

MB3 status is Ok and recognizes the dcr-2650, and the same goes for serverwmc. But when I try to use Live TV nothing happens. I opened the port in my router as well as my firewall, and I've also tried disabling the firewall even though I'm trying to use Live TV on the same pc the server is installed on.

Serverwmc goes from "waiting for client request" to "processing request: ..." and then back to "waiting for client request" I also get an error message "There was an error playing the video.

Please ensure there is an open tuner availalble" on the chrome browser. I tried using IE and that didn't work either. I'm on windows 8.1 if it matters.

Any suggestions.

krustyreturns

It looks like serverwmc is having trouble using your tuners.  I would say they aren't configured properly in wmc, but since you say that works fine I am at a loss.  What does the tuner status show in MBS?  Maybe include a screenshot.

I updated the channel list and it now says "complete" I noticed in the picture it says "failed".

I know wmc works fine since I was using it yesterday to watch the football games.

I noticed serverwmc uses the 2010E984-0 receiver, is there anyway to force serverwmc to use 2010E984-1?

post-5725-0-87734700-1411407396_thumb.png

krustyreturns

It shouldn't matter which one it uses if they both work, right?  But if you want to try it, try changing this value to 0 in the config.xml file (see debug tab), example:

<Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>0</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

save the file and restart serverwmc, then see if it used the 2010E984-1 tuner.

True but I thought its worth a try, but like you said it didn't work. I've attached the log.

Immediately after it failed I opened windows media center to see if I can view live tv and it worked. So I know the tuner works and work in wmc.

ServerWMClog1.txt

krustyreturns

The tuners aren't producing any data for swmc, I'm not sure why.  Just for a sanity check, record a short clip on one of these channels and then try to play it back in MBS.

I recorded a show in WMC (happened to be Seinfeld so the recording is a little longer than a few seconds) and then played in back in MBS under Live TV recorded channels.

krustyreturns

I googled and people are using serverwmc with this tuner, for example: http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-WinTV-DCR-2650-Tuner-Cable/product-reviews/B005FPT38A?pageNumber=2

Assuming you have tried the simple stuff like rebooting, and since the logs are showing that swmc can't capture data, all I can think to do is to reconfigure wmc with your tuner (settings>setup tv signal).  But that's a pain and I can't say for sure that it will work.

I went ahead and connected my 950q along with an antenna to my pc. Live TV now works with the antenna channels. I'll give the dcr-2650 with cablecard another shot soon.

• 3 years later...