MB crashing after watching show

socketman

socketman

Hello

I updated my MB classic and my server and now when I watch a show I get a message saying "the media browser 3 program has stopped responding" I click ok and then watch the show but at the end it crash's and I am forced out of media browser . I found another thread that said to uncheck the "use custom player interface"box but I do not have that option available . Can someone help with this please .

Richard

socketman

I am running windows 7 pro, MB Server 3.0.5366.22005 along with MBC 3.0.72.0.89.20.1    Themes I am using are the default, Crystal and Breeze. From what I have read nothing is showing up in the log file.

I don't recognize that MBC version number.

This is a known issue with Lee's themes (Crystal and Breeze).  If you can reproduce it with Chocolate or any theme other than one of his, please post more information including the MBC log and the error from the Windows Event log.

socketman

It does this with the default I will give chocolate a try. The version numbers are the latest beta's , it was a last ditch effort :) . Everything plays fine , just crashes after the show ends. I am trying to post a server log but it says my file is too large.

This is messed up, I cant find chocolate to install . If I open the web browser configurator and go to plugins it says I have to install from within the app I  intend to use it in. If I go to MB classic configurator chocolate is not listed.

Richard

Edited by socketman

socketman

Ok , I hooked my htpc to my hdtv and when I run MB Classic the same thing happens but it turns out there is a message that says Media Center Extensibility Host stopped working then the message that MB3 is not responding I click ok and I can continue watching .

socketman

I ended up just uninstalling and reinstalling and now all is well. The update didn't work properly I am guessing. Case Closed

Richard