Windows Server 2012 R2

jamohill

Hello,

I've been running media browser on my personal computer running windows 8.1 for a couple of months now with no problems what so ever. 

I've decided to put it on a little computer which I've put windows server 2012 R2 on so i can run it 24/7 and less running costs.

However since I've put it on the server i can not get any apps to work, as soon as i click on a app it says waiting for server. 

Also i used to be able to stream to my LG TV however its coming up with media is no supported now.

I haven't done anything different from me setting it up on my computer.

Is there any setting i need to change on the server. I have installed direct play, Windows Audio Experience. 

Thanks for your time :)

I've managed to sort out the apps.

Just got problems streaming to the TV.

Still got the old Media browser on my computer and that works fine...

psubsee2002

I have Server running on a Server 2012 R2 box now and have no issues. What player are you using for the TV? Do you have a dedicated HTPC?

The only problem I had was adressed in this posting:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/804-unable-to-access-media-when-running-server-as-a-service/

On the server it will probably run as a service. Due to the kind of installation procedure that is choosen for MB, the service needs to run with the installation account.

I had no server specific problems. Basically it should work.

Logs?