ESPN Errors

ab123ga
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

I rarely use the liveTV feature but noticed over the past week that ESPNHD (channel 846) is picking up a non HD version of Lifetime Movie Network. Since I've removed all but 3 non HD channels from WMC, I'm not sure how this is happening. An example is the attached at 10:32:18. When I go to 846 via WMC it goes to ESPNHD just fine. 

Another error I'm having is if I go to ESPN2HD (847)  I get nothing back (blank screen). However via WMC, it works fine. Example 10:51:50. 

Any thoughts.

ServerWMC.log

krustyreturns

According to the log swmc is convinced it tuned to 846, it seems like something is messed up with the tuner assignments for this channel.  Since you almost never use this, its probably not worth your time, but if you wanted to experiment (and assuming this always happens with channel 846) go to the swmc config file and change the following field from 1 to 2 (or 0), example:

<Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>2</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

save and restart swmc and see if it still tunes in the wrong channel.

As to why channel 847 is not coming in, it looks like swmc is not finding data on the tuner it is using, frankly this could be related to your first problem of the tuners not being assigned properly.  See if the above fix makes a difference on this channel too. 

Dude that fixed it. I used the value 2 and both issues resolved. What does that change do?

I also spot checked other channels to ensure I lost nothing and all seems good.

Edited by ab123ga

• Solution
krustyreturns

Its hard to explain simply, but ultimately wmc has configure your channels incorrectly.  You don't notice it because you have a lot of tuners, and the tuners that have the channel set wrong are the ones that you hardly every use (bottom or priority list).  The reason swmc shows the problem is by default it lets the windows recording service take the tuners at the top of the priority list and it uses tuners at the bottom of the priority list for live streams - so it showed a problem.  Setting that value at 2 makes wmc take tuners toward the top of the priority list.

Edited by krustyreturns
  • Like 1