ArcSoft TMT Discontinued

ebr

I've been converting blu Rays with it for a few years now. You have to update the key every 2-3 months but that's it. In my opinion he keeps it in beta for some reason, it's never going to go paid.

Hmm Interesting. Good to know for all those who want to use MakeMKV for free.

Regarding Arcsoft TMT:  I've used it since it first came out, so I never had MediaBrowser without it.  Is it true that without TMT or another commercial player, one cannot get the lossless audio formats to bitstream?  If that is not the case, is there a step-by-step on how to bitstream lossless audio without such a player?

Spaceboy

It's not necessary no. To bitstream you'll need codecs, mbt is dead easy as it installs the for you, just go to the lav config. MBC more dufficult

Hallo, Spaceboy.  (David Bowie, "Outside")

I use MBC because I am still a WMC user (CableCARD DVR).

I have the LAV filters.  If I removed Arcsoft TMT, I should be able to playback my blu-ray rips as MKV with lossless audio formats, just not play the original discs as in a standalone player... is that your expectation?  Also, "MBC more difficult" begs an obvious question:  is there a guide for stepping through whatever that difficulty is?

Many thanks!

Spaceboy

Not necessarily because mkv isn't a default WMC format. If no ones chipped in with more detail by the time I'm home I'll add more details

Just open the LAV Audio settings and tick off all the formats you want bitstreamed.  They are right there on the front tab.

Do you suppose having LAV set to bitstream hd audio could cause Arcsoft to not show options for audio other than PCM? Because that is how Arcsoft is, and I am not finding clues about it.

bugger now gotta hope some of the free players pick up the mvc mkv codec so e can get full quality 3d mkv rips. Powerdvd for me is one big headache.

Edited by bluc

• 2 weeks later...
balkerman

I've found one great advantage to mkv over bdmv folders is resume. I could never resume Bdmv folder movies, also playback after seeking is now instant amd lastly less files/folders for fragmentation.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Disappointing, but not the end of the world.. I still intend to use my copy of TMT 5.3.1.144. (No Cinavia) for my 3D movie playback. It has been working well and should continue to do so with or without the ArcSoft support. Having said that, I am catching myself using DLNA playback of movies (Play-To)more and more.

As to why they would do this: With MBS getting more powerful by the day and the global wave of DLNA support, Freeware Blu-ray /ISO Players and TV's with build in players capable to playback a large variety of Movie Formats who really needs a Licensed Player. Licensed Players are no longer needed.

After all that, I still maintain that today the best Media Player (for playback on TV's) on the market today is the MCE/MBS/MBC combo. MCE's handling of music and picture playback is un-matched and so is MBC for movies and TV shows. The way I see it is that MCE will be supported till into the 2020's and unless something better comes along I will just keep a back-up of a full system and I can keep using it until I trip over my own feet from old age!

Issues is that we won't be able to use TMT for 3d iso's for that much longer because it won't update to support future encryptions.  We'll get the 'update your player to play this disc' type message at some point with future discs.   AnyDVD may prevent this for those of us that have it of course.  That or the movie industry decides to stop releasing 3D discs which is a sad but very really possibility.

There is also the possibility that required future video drivers (or even Windows updates) break it. Never upgrading anything may be required.. :S

Another piece I'm a little concerned about is that I believe only TMT was the source for codec DTSMA conversions to FLAC (or something else).  Hopefully what is already out there will continue to usable for all future DTSMA files (not sure why it wouldn't be).

Edited by Curtis

I've found one great advantage to mkv over bdmv folders is resume. I could never resume Bdmv folder movies

Resume works for me on TMT5 and TMT6 for BDMV folders which is all I ever rip to.

Issues is that we won't be able to use TMT for 3d iso's for that much longer because it won't update to support future encryptions.  We'll get the 'update your player to play this disc' type message at some point with future discs.   AnyDVD may prevent this for those of us that have it of course.  That or the movie industry decides to stop releasing 3D discs which is a sad but very really possibility.

There is also the possibility that required future video drivers (or even Windows updates) break it. Never upgrading anything may be required.. :S

Another piece I'm a little concerned about is that I believe only TMT was the source for codec DTSMA conversions to FLAC (or something else).  Hopefully what is already out there will continue to usable for all future DTSMA files (not sure why it wouldn't be).

Also, AnyDVD will disable CINAVIA if you use TMT or PowerDVD..

• 2 weeks later...

Also, AnyDVD will disable CINAVIA if you use TMT or PowerDVD..

Which is another good reason for mvc 3d mkv if the player doesn't support cinavia, cinavia doesnt work. Mvc mkv rips are full 3d not half sbs so better quality all we need is the player stereoscopic player has support but after being burnt by tmt Im not rushing to buy more software.