Login screen reloads after clicking "Remember Me"

jluce50

jluce50

Okay, this is a tricky issue to describe, so bear with me. This seems to have started after I selected "Remember Me" on the login screen. What happens is the login screen loads and then a few seconds later it reloads again (there is a brief transition effect where the user icons "slide" in when the screen is loaded). It happens every time now whether or not I select "Remember Me". If I click on a user the username/password inputs come up and then the screen reloads and I have to click the user again.

On a related note, "Remember Me" doesn't work. I get presented with the login screen every time, no matter what. Has anyone else experienced either issue? Any recommendations?

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm on v. 3.0.5361.21758. Log attached.

theater-63546662708.txt

Edited by jluce50

IMO "Remember me" should not exist in a true HTPC client.  It makes sense in a mobile environment where the device is almost certainly used by one person.  But, in a living room app, where the device is almost certainly shared, the "Remember Me" workflow does not make sense as it leaves the last person who logged on as on every time.  This won't work for anyone with any need for parental control.

That is a bit of a tangent, but maybe the logic is in the process of being re-written and this is why it isn't working quite right.

Hi, if you download the latest version of MBT from the website you will get version 3.0.5376.18803 and this issue will be fixed :)

jluce50

IMO "Remember me" should not exist in a true HTPC client.  It makes sense in a mobile environment where the device is almost certainly used by one person.  But, in a living room app, where the device is almost certainly shared, the "Remember Me" workflow does not make sense as it leaves the last person who logged on as on every time.  This won't work for anyone with any need for parental control.

That is a bit of a tangent, but maybe the logic is in the process of being re-written and this is why it isn't working quite right.

I have two user accounts on my HTPC, one for me and one for everyone else. When I use MBT under my account I'd like it to stay logged in as my MB user. Under the other account I want the login screen every time.

Hi, if you download the latest version of MBT from the website you will get version 3.0.5376.18803 and this issue will be fixed :)

Great, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I have two user accounts on my HTPC, one for me and one for everyone else. When I use MBT under my account I'd like it to stay logged in as my MB user. Under the other account I want the login screen every time.

I assume you mean Windows accounts.  If so, then you have two different installs of MBT and they can both have different settings.

jluce50

I assume you mean Windows accounts.  If so, then you have two different installs of MBT and they can both have different settings.

Right, that's what I'm doing. The problem was that "Remember Me" was broken under my Windows account (didn't test with the other account as I don't want that functionality there).