Supporter Key - Not Recieved

jmarty32

Hi everyone,

Sent in a donation a few days ago and have not received a key. Checked my spam folder as requested in other posts.

Can someone look into this please?

Thanks for the Great software. 

You used the option that only sends a donation.  Note the text under this option as this does not create a supporter key.

5417579dd7160_additionaldonate.png

Thanks for the reply.

Extremely misleading as it doesn't state it will not provide a supporter key. I guess my donation went to a good cause though.

That's what "it does not provide any additional benefits" means but I've just added the explicit text that no supporter key will be produced.  I'd be happy to refund the donation if it isn't what you intended to do.  Just let me know.

Beardyname

That's what "it does not provide any additional benefits" means but I've just added the explicit text that no supporter key will be produced.  I'd be happy to refund the donation if it isn't what you intended to do.  Just let me know.

A bit off-topic, but how will the supporter key work now?

Will for example a "monthly" supporter membership that is canceled after 2-3 months, will the user still be able to access "supporter" plugins etc?

I have not seen a dev-post on this topic but maybe one is needed if the change is "big" enough?

If you are on a monthly or annual plan and cancel it the supporter key will stop working at the end of that plan.

Basically, the system is the same as it has always been but we've added the monthly and annual options (as well as a straight donation option).

kjohnsonmtg

I paid to be a Supporter on Sat, Sept 20th.  I assumed it was the weekend and I would wait until Monday.  It is now Tuesday and I have still not received the key.  I have checked my spam mail and etc.  Please Advise.

jdtayloruk

Hi, I'm sorry but the forgot supporter key option isn't working either, and even getting a new key the email hasn't reached me either so there's something wrong with the key recovery system,

To test the system, I just submitted a forgotten key request and got the email almost instantly (via a gmail account). When you submit the forgotten key request, does it say in the little pop-up message that it is sending the email or something like "supporter not found"?

I believe the system is working fine.  The problem is these types of emails look exactly like spam to most spam trappers so you might have to white list mediabrowser.tv.  Comcast is the worst offender.  Almost no one on their system gets our emails.