Problems with Logitech Harmony Ultimate

Chris Jones

Chris Jones

I recently installed the latest XBMC gotham with XBMB3C addon on windows 8.1 on my Intel NUC and i'm using my Logitech Harmony Ultimate to control it. With the Titan skin, the remote seems to work pretty well, i think i only need to remap some buttons. However i've had problems with a lot of the other skins such as Aeon Nox, Artic etc where it just stops responding to input from the remote. For some of them it is fixed by pressing a key on the keyboard to change the focus to another part of the UI and it will continue working.

For example, Aeon Nox when scrolling on the home screen, it seems as if movies/Tv shows that have extra widgets like recently added movie posters cause it to stop handling input but if you move it along to one of the others like settings etc. it will work (until you get back to a broken one).

I want to learn how to make my own skins but i was wondering whether anyone else has had similar issues at all? it does seem to be skin specific as the titan skin seems to work ok. Does there need to be specific support in the skin for remotes? any clue as to why this is happening?

Thanks

elcabong

in xbmc, do you have this setting enabled?

"Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" in Settings_> System_> Input Devices

that may help if not already selected..  otherwise, i havnt run into the issue.  I mainly use a custom webinterface running from xbmc to control it, but also use the bluetooth remote on my amazon firetv, and the ir remote that came with my xios and havnt had any issues with arctic.  let me know how specifically i can reproduce it on arctic and il try when i get home.