Only music files will play no video

rorbit

I did nothing to set up DLNA (because I don't know how) just plugged in the TV to network, switched the input on TV to DLNA network and everything was there.

I can browse all categories latest, TV, movies etc... but only the music files will play (mp3). All the others when I press on the video title to play will start but stops and returns to the title. This happens with both mp4 and mkv. These files will play if I put them on a USB stick and into the TV's USB port.

TV is a Sharp Aquos LC-40LE830U

Any help much appreciated.

Welcome. I haven't seen to many Sharp testers around here, so there's probably some work required in terms of learning what formats the tv can handle natively. @@Happy2Play maybe you can help him with a profile

According to my manual the following video file formats are supported:

File extension (.avi)
Container (AVI)
Video (DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0 XviD H.264 MPEG4 Motion Jpeg)
Audio (MP3 AC3 LPCM ADPCM)

File extension (.mkv)
Container (MKV)
Video (DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0 XviD H.264 MPEG4)
Audio (MP3 AC3 LPCM ADPCM)

File extension (.asf .wmv)
Container (ASF)
Video (DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0 XviD MPEG4 VC-1 Windows Media Video v9)
Audio (MP3 AC3 LPCM WMA)

File extension (.mp4 .mov .3gp)
Container (MP4 (SMP4))
Video (H.264 MPEG4 Motion Jpeg)
Audio (MP3 AAC)

File extension (.vro .mpg .mpeg)
Container (PS)
Video (MPEG2 MPEG1)
Audio (AC3 MPEG LPCM)

Hope this may help.

Happy2Play

This is basically the same as the Sony Bravia (2013) from other profiles I found.  Just made minor mods.  All the basics are there.  There are a lot of post about issues with mkv's and having to disable direct play and direct streaming on the TV.

Couldn't find <ProtocolInfo>  for this model only for SHARP AQUOS LC-40F5 but created errors in the xml so I left it out.

Seen mixed results on search,  may need to modify

<RequiresPlainVideoItems>false</RequiresPlainVideoItems>  to true
  <RequiresPlainFolders>false</RequiresPlainFolders>              to true

<SonyAggregationFlags>10</SonyAggregationFlags>              seen some profiles with and some without

<TimelineOffsetSeconds>0</TimelineOffsetSeconds>              seen some set at 20

Sharp Aquos.xml

Happy2Play

Did you put the profile in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\user?

Well I tried the .xml file you kindly provided but now the TV can't even find the dnla server.

Anyway I am not really interested in messing around with dlna and since I have a spare MCE USB remote and reciever I will just stick a $200 Zotac PI320 (when available) or something similar to the back of the TV.

No I put where the other xml profiles were \MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\system

I will move it to the \user directory and give it another shot. Let you know tommorow if it works.

Thanks for the help

Sharp Aquos now appears under custom profiles in MediaBrowser server, but the TV still can't find the DNLA server.

Sorry I can not be of much help since I don't know anything about this stuff, hence why I took a guess and put the Sharp xml file in the system folder along with the other profiles.

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio

I'll try this when i get home today...   I have a sharp Aquos, havent messed much with DLNA  TV to SERVER i dont like the DLNA interfaces on the TV's....   But i can test for future users...      I'll try to post this evening.

• 6 months later...

Please try again on the latest beta. There's a number of fixes for Sony Bravia's. Thanks.