Error when trailers are enabled (MB Intros)

jluce50

jluce50

I'm not sure if this is an error with MBT or MB Intros, but since the error occurs in MBT (and since trailers work on other clients) I'm posting this here. When I start a movie I get the dreaded "There was an error processing the request" message. I can play TV shows or resume movies just fine, so it's something with the trailer. I've attached a log. 

MB Version: 3.0.5366.22005

MBT Version: 3.0.5377.16926

MB Intros Version: 1.0.3.2

MBT Log.txt

Ghostm

Its one of two things currently.

1. Refresh rate switching

2. Trailers for me anyway are not working right now in mbt since the trailer plugin changes.

jluce50

Its one of two things currently.

1. Refresh rate switching

2. Trailers for me anyway are not working right now in mbt since the trailer plugin changes.

I do have refresh rate switching enabled through MadVR (not MBT), so that's probably it. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon...

Ghostm

I spoke to babgvant about it, hes looking into it, but the fact that it happens with madvr as well I am concerned this may go beyond a player issue and perhaps something with playlists that is picky about the refresh rate delay.

Aphid and the others are re-working MBT as you all have seen with the blog posts. They will have refresh rate switching covered with it.

In the meantime I think the best thing to do is remove it from the current MBT if it's not stable.

Ghostm

Its pretty stable for me, its just playlists thats causing the crash (playlists/intro), i have tested it quite a bit the past number of weeks (infact its the only player issue i have left, babgvant worked through all the other issues i found), he is looking into it as we speak I spoke to him yesterday, I do recommend unchecking it though (i think it comes unchecked by default), but I understand you have to think about user complaints on here.. The problem though is the user here is using it baked into madvr which has its own refresh rate switching built in, the poster above is likely using madvr for picture quality purposes and the avsforum crowd demands native refresh rate playback (I use it to but i can also make do without it). 

Its up to you, but you may see more complaints if you disable it somehow with madvr as well. I disabled intro's for instance instead because refresh rate switching is a bit more important to me (and the trailer intros currently are not working in mbt for me anyway). I would be interested what the user above would prefer as well. 

Edited by Ghostm

Having it work perfectly playing a single video doesn't equal stable. It has to fit within the entire feature set of the application. If it doesn't then it's just going to lead to bug reports. So i think the feature was integrated a little too early.

Ghostm

Its up to you. 

Just to clarify though he is using it internally in madvr, he's not using babgvants addition.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Btw i do agree on the stable comment, actually quite a bit, i just assumed with mbt being alpha software and the amount of things that are currently not stable we were alpha testers.

For instance streaming trailers at the moment for me are not working in mbt either. 

jluce50

In principle, I'd prefer to have refresh rate switching working. Picture quality is, in theory, more important to me than bells and whistles. However, in the real world I very rarely notice a difference. I guess in the end it's "6 of one, half dozen of the other". I realize that MBT is not complete and that there will be issues, so I'm content with disabling intros until this gets sorted out (hopefully sooner rather than later, obviously).

Edit: This reminds me of a question I've had for a while. Like I said above, I use madVR's built-in refresh rate switching because I can specify the refresh rates my TV supports. If a video has a native refresh rate that my TV doesn't support it will just leave it at the default 60Hz. How does MBT's refresh rate switching handle this? For instance, my TV doesn't support 50Hz. If I play a video that is 50Hz, will MBT switch to that rate? If so, that's obviously not going to work.

Edited by jluce50

Ghostm

He did clarify

"MBT selects the rate based on the FPS reported by MB Server, then queries the WinAPI to see if the display supports that rate. If it does, the rate is selected.

It doesn't provide the same sort of customization that is possible with madVR (i.e. 24p @ 72Hz), but should cover most of the expected scenarios."

• Like 1