Photos sorting on Index Menu Genre

heula

heula

After the big server update I have some issues.

All my views for photos were reset and when I set them back to the views I want I have to do that for each folder. I have had this discussion before but I want the same view for a whole level and that wasn't a problem before.

For example I have photos organized in Year folders and in them month folders with all photos of that month. I want to set the month level to coverflow and I have to do that now for each month seperate instead of this is taken over for every folder (month) in that level. Same for the photos itself. Every single month photos need to be set seperate. This is way to much work if you know how many folders off photos I have and multiple users that also need to be set seperately.

I hope this will be like before so I can set one view for each level.

When I set my views for my series it wiil be taken over for the whole level so why not for photos?

Also after the big update the tags (genre) in my photos are no longer been seen and I get a screen with no items. I don't see them in the webclient also. Has this been taken out?

Also all my year and month images do no longer appear. foldere.jpg is present in each folder.

Photo%20issues%20after%20big%20server%20

This is a screen with my year folders that have no image showing up.

These are the month folders in the year folders with no image. If I set this month to coverflow I want to be for each month in each year folder. If I do this with my series or movies folder that is no problem at all.

Same here with the photos in the month folder(s). If I set this month with photos to coverflow or list or whatever view I want that to be for each month photos folder. If I do this for series season with episodes folders it does set it for every folder with episodes I the whole series folder.

This all is not theme related because in Chocolate and Roc theme this has the same behaviour.

Server log

Edited by heula

heula

The folder.jpg files of the year and month folders are being picked up and visable now but it is all going very slow. It's a large collection of images but should this taken about a day or more?

Edited by heula

When I set my views for my series it wiil be taken over for the whole level so why not for photos?

Because MB knows what a TV series is but your "Month" folders are unique to you - we don't know them as particular entities.  Therefore, we can't assume any relationship between them.

Also after the big update the tags (genre) in my photos are no longer been seen and I get a screen with no items. I don't see them in the webclient also. Has this been taken out?

This may have been a casualty of the move of photos to the core.  @@Luke, I remember you saying you removed some of my tag reading logic due to mono incompatibility...?

Yes heula, photos are a core feature now .Unfortunately keywords in photos are not currently being read because the technique used in the plugin can't be used in the server core since it would break the linux and os x versions. It has to be re-implemented in a cross-platform manner and i just wasn't able to complete that before the release.

heula

Because MB knows what a TV series is but your "Month" folders are unique to you - we don't know them as particular entities.  Therefore, we can't assume any relationship between them.

But before this update this worked just like with series folders.

Can I set the prefered view somewhere that will be remembered? Standard is poster view now.

heula

Yes heula, photos are a core feature now .Unfortunately keywords in photos are not currently being read because the technique used in the plugin can't be used in the server core since it would break the linux and os x versions. It has to be re-implemented in a cross-platform manner and i just wasn't able to complete that before the release.

okay, but it will be back?

Can I set the prefered view somewhere that will be remembered? Standard is poster view now.

You can edit the user-specific mbc config file and change the DefaultViewType but be sure you spell it properly.  It should be "CoverFlow".

New installations have this as the default but if you already had a config file then you still have Poster.

• Like 1

heula

You can edit the user-specific mbc config file and change the DefaultViewType but be sure you spell it properly.  It should be "CoverFlow".

New installations have this as the default but if you already had a config file then you still have Poster.

okay, I have edited the config file like this

<DefaultViewType>CoverFlow</DefaultViewType>

This works now.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
heula

okay, but it will be back?

yea it's an open issue.

Any idea when photos as genre (tag) will be back? Still mising this after it was removed.

• 4 months later...
heula

Once upon a time MBC could sort my photocollection on the Genre Index Menu. Then after a Server update that was no longer possible and after questioning here why EBR and Luke told me this taken out MBC and should be placed in the "Core" someday?

Month have been passing by but I still can't watch my photos on the Genre index so I can watch them by the tags I gave my photos.

For that to use I have to use the standard Media Center image viewer. When will this sorting feuture be back in MBC?

Thanks.

Photos%20on%20genre%20index%20not%20show

Photos%20on%20genre%20index%20not%20show

Edited by heula

we do read tags from photos, but we don't stuff them into the genre list. mbc would have to index on tags.

heula

we do read tags from photos, but we don't stuff them into the genre list. mbc would have to index on tags.

I can't find the topic where that was told me but maybe @@ebr can confirm this is a MBC issue?

My old MB Photo plug-in did put tags into genres because I felt that was an accurate use of them for photos.  When Luke re-wrote the functionality for the core he no longer did this.

Tags are really not useful for 95% of the content MBC deals with so implementing indexing on them has not been a priority.  Plus, it would probably impact every theme.

heula

My old MB Photo plug-in did put tags into genres because I felt that was an accurate use of them for photos.  When Luke re-wrote the functionality for the core he no longer did this.

Tags are really not useful for 95% of the content MBC deals with so implementing indexing on them has not been a priority.  Plus, it would probably impact every theme.

Pitty, cause for photos it is usefull. For me anyway. Then I should also use the Media Center image viewer for this because that can show photos based on tags.