Clients for OSX or Linux/Openelec

steve1977

steve1977

Was wondering whether there are any plans to bring MBT to OSX or even Linux/Openelec. I am referring to the client rather than the server solution.

I know that I can always run XBMC with add-on to access MBS, but would hope for an independent client solution. Particularly for OSX, where there are quite some issues with the XBMC solution.

I think I am not alone using a MacMini as HTPC client, so also believe this would increase the userbase.

No idea how much work it is to port MBT from Win to OSX, but hoping it will happen one day :)

• Like 1

I think a new client app for OSX would be great. I know there are some osx developers here in this community, so you never know.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
im85288

Was wondering whether there are any plans to bring MBT to OSX or even Linux/Openelec. I am referring to the client rather than the server solution.

I know that I can always run XBMC with add-on to access MBS, but would hope for an independent client solution. Particularly for OSX, where there are quite some issues with the XBMC solution.

I think I am not alone using a MacMini as HTPC client, so also believe this would increase the userbase.

No idea how much work it is to port MBT from Win to OSX, but hoping it will happen one day :)

It does not help you specifically...but I also have a MacMini as one of my HTPC clients...I installed OpenElec on it though and it works like a dream :)

Edited by im85288

Cheesegeezer

I think it is too using silverlight should allow us to achieve this using OOB.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
thefirstofthe300

So with Microsoft open-sourcing .NET and the plans to port the framwork to Linux and OS X, does this mean that the possibility exists for MBT support in Linux and OS X?  Or is it still too soon to tell how this will all work out?

It would be nice to have a plug-and-play client for Linux that just works out of the box.

ScottIsAFool

So with Microsoft open-sourcing .NET and the plans to port the framwork to Linux and OS X, does this mean that the possibility exists for MBT support in Linux and OS X?  Or is it still too soon to tell how this will all work out?

MBT is built using WPF, this is not being made available on OS X. It's only the core .NET framework that is, which, sadly, doesn't include WPF.