MB3 Server Plugins and Windows Service

AVTechMan
Go to solution Solved by mboehler,

AVTechMan

Oh okay, no problem then, was just wondering. Not too big of a deal, plus can always select the 'Start MB on Startup' and disable the service if I needed the restart feature.

MrKazador

I remote desktop into the server and run a simple .bat file that "restarts" it by stopping and starting the service.

net stop mediabrowser
net start mediabrowser 
  • Like 1

AVTechMan

Right now I am testing MB3 server started as a windows service and works quite well. I have noted that whenever a plugin is installed MB3 requests a restart to finish the installation. However, the 'Restart MB3 Server' button is now gone and just the 'Shutdown MB3' is there, which mean I would have to log onto the server itself to restart the service. Would it be possible to add the Restart button back in the Dashboard, or will I have to manually restart the Windows service each time a plugin is downloaded?

• Solution
mboehler

Right now I am testing MB3 server started as a windows service and works quite well. I have noted that whenever a plugin is installed MB3 requests a restart to finish the installation. However, the 'Restart MB3 Server' button is now gone and just the 'Shutdown MB3' is there, which mean I would have to log onto the server itself to restart the service. Would it be possible to add the Restart button back in the Dashboard, or will I have to manually restart the Windows service each time a plugin is downloaded?

From here.

It's due to a current limitation within the service.

During dev testing, we were having issues with consistently restarting the service, so the manual download and restart was implemented.

If it's causing a problem, stop the service and restart as previously done.

Automatic downloads and updates will be performed, you will only have to restart the server.

Edited by mboehler
  • Like 1

Overseer

I remote desktop into the server and run a simple .bat file that "restarts" it by stopping and starting the service.

net stop mediabrowser
net start mediabrowser 

Cheers for this tidbit.