Issues with Date Added

zarxic

I'm having some trouble with Media Browser and my "Latest" lists.  It seems all of my Date Added attributes are incorrect.  I did a little searching before and tried to narrow down my issue, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any help or ideas on where to look for the issue would be much appreciated.  Here are some things I've checked:

• The date added in the Metadata Manager and the .nfo does not line up with the Date Created in Windows.  
  • I checked my NAS clock and that is correct.  All time stamps of the file I could find show the correct time, but the .nfo is wrong.  
  • I have no other scrapers, just Media Browser writing to .nfo files and XBMC/KODI using local data only.  
  • My country is set to United States in the Metadata Server settings and all other movies/shows aren't overriding this setting.

Here are some screenshots I have of a specific example that happened to an episode last night.  My log file can also be found here.  

54356b2a85a4d_mb1.png

54356bfa03fd8_mb3.png

54356bdfba0e6_mb2.png

54356c0a7d2cc_mb4.png

Edited by zarxic

i suppose we'll have to make the initial date configurable, whether it will come from the time the media was first imported or the date stamp of the file. as always though, the value in metadata takes priority over both.

i suppose we'll have to make the initial date configurable, whether it will come from the time the media was first imported or the date stamp of the file. as always though, the value in metadata takes priority over both.

Thanks Luke.  Is there something else I could be checking?  I made the switch of scrapers from XBMC to MB a couple of weeks ago.  I upgraded to Gotham at the same time, and they allow using local info only.  I wasn't sure if there was something else mucking things up.  If you do make the change to having it be configurable, it would be nice if we could refresh metadata and have the correct dates overwritten.  I've fixed a lot by hand, but every time I do a new bunch, more wrong dates creep up.  Thanks again for the response.

• 2 weeks later...
cpaowner

Hey guys,

Having an issue where my content adds automatically to my "latest" content, but it doesn't show up in the season/library until i restart mb3. Does anyone know how to fix this? Seems like its cached with old content till I just "reset" the whole server. The same thing happens with new movies except it won't appear in the actual library until a full reset of the server. Tried with both xbmb3c and the web client (tried private browsing/clearing history) and it doesn't seem to help. I've tried to force a scan after the fact, but it doesn't make any difference. I also have automatic library scans enabled. Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

That's not relevant. if you have a different problem, you should start a new topic with adequate information to diagnose. thanks.

cpaowner

That's not relevant. if you have a different problem, you should start a new topic with adequate information to diagnose. thanks.

Dang that was quick haha. My bad if it's not relevant it seems to parallel the issues i'm experiencing, figured I would just link to it in case it helps. I went through the logs with a couple guys in the chat but none of us could figure it out, so I'm currently trying to rescan my library and see if it was some sort of db corruption. I'll update with logs from the newly scanned server if it continues to happen after the rescan. Thanks for the help!

emceerice

I have the exact same problem.

Whenever a new item (movie, episode, doesen't matter) is added, if I have "use date added to collection", the Date Added field is set to some time in the future.  Usually 3 days from today.  If I try the "use time stamp", the Date Added column gets set to something invalid like 1/1/1901.  

Almost sounds like there are 2 separate bugs.  If set to the 'use date added to collection', there's some sort of loss of precision between changing formats?  If set to 'use time stamp', some assumption is just straight up breaking to make it that invalid date.

Any ideas?

emceerice

Another data point...it looks like each time a scan is done, it updates the date added with the same date+3days ...only newly added content seem to be affected.  Any ideas?