images seem to render much slower then on windows?

techywarrior

techywarrior

This is a weird one and I can't even tell if it's really a bug/problem or something else.

I am migrating my MBS from a windows machine to my unRAID server (thanks to Phaze) and most everything is working nicely. There are some minor bugs but nothing bad.

One thing I have noticed is that when viewing my movie collection in the web browser, it's much slower to populate the images/posters then it is on my windows MBS server. CPU on the windows machine is actually probably lower then the unRAID server (but both pretty similar). On top of that I would expect the browser to be caching the images anyway but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug in the response times of the web server? Mono?

• Like 1

Yes, I noticed it as well after upgrade to the latest version. It wasn't the case some time ago, but to be honest I haven't upgraded for a while, so I'm not sure when this problem appeared. I see a lot of broken images and if I force reload the page, images appear mostly, but it takes a long time. It's a 64bit Debian system. In the server log I see a lot of webp exceptions:

2014-10-11 12:29:43.4873 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
        WebPSafeFree
        System.EntryPointNotFoundException
          at (wrapper managed-to-native) Imazen.WebP.Extern.NativeMethods:WebPSafeFree (intptr)
          at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.Encode (System.Drawing.Bitmap from, System.IO.Stream to, Single quality, Boolean noAlpha) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>d__6.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
          at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.String].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>d__10.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014-10-11 12:29:43.4873 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Items/3096cf7453ec33114243a7875d74ab65/Images/Backdrop/0?maxWidth=1920&tag=fe57f4e5c223185a765e76119f769ff2&quality=80&format=webp
        WebPSafeFree
        ServiceStack.HttpError
        No Stack Trace Available

Yes, I noticed it as well after upgrade to the latest version. It wasn't the case some time ago, but to be honest I haven't upgraded for a while, so I'm not sure when this problem appeared. I see a lot of broken images and if I force reload the page, images appear mostly, but it takes a long time. It's a 64bit Debian system. In the server log I see a lot of webp exceptions:

2014-10-11 12:29:43.4873 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
        WebPSafeFree
        System.EntryPointNotFoundException
          at (wrapper managed-to-native) Imazen.WebP.Extern.NativeMethods:WebPSafeFree (intptr)
          at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.Encode (System.Drawing.Bitmap from, System.IO.Stream to, Single quality, Boolean noAlpha) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>d__6.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
          at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.String].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>d__10.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2014-10-11 12:29:43.4873 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Items/3096cf7453ec33114243a7875d74ab65/Images/Backdrop/0?maxWidth=1920&tag=fe57f4e5c223185a765e76119f769ff2&quality=80&format=webp
        WebPSafeFree
        ServiceStack.HttpError
        No Stack Trace Available

This error message indicates an outdated libwebp version. Are you using the libwebp.so version provided with mediabrowser or are you using the systems libwebp? The version needed to avoid this exception is 0.4.1 or newer so if you are using the systems libwebp try to update it.

This error message indicates an outdated libwebp version. Are you using the libwebp.so version provided with mediabrowser or are you using the systems libwebp? The version needed to avoid this exception is 0.4.1 or newer so if you are using the systems libwebp try to update it.

Indeed. Something seems to be wrong with included libwebp. Even if I delete all other entries and leave only the one like this, it doesn't work. It will give System.DllNotFoundException.

<configuration>
  <dllmap dll="libwebp" target="/full/path/to/mediaserver/libwebp/linux/lib64/libwebp.so" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

But if I build libwebp 0.4.1 myself and point it to it, it works like a charm.