Continuous Live TV on the Roku

mcleanp

Is it possible to have continuous Live TV on the Roku, i know when i select a channel to watch it prompts me for the show then it loads the stream then it stops when the show is over. If i want to watch the same channel for a few hours, how can i get it to do that.

• Like 1

tenchiowo

I would also like to know how to accomplish this as well. For instance some of the news channels to have up and running for hours at a time or kids channels that I don't have to start a new selection each time a new show starts. 

I bought the Roku to replace a XBMC for the simple MediaBrowser integration and the availability of Live tv from the Roku, but if it stops streaming after one show selection i might have to fall back to the xbmc.

is there any plans for the continuous live tv?

krustyreturns

Are you guys using a dvr backend for live-tv or some other source?  If its a dvr backend, which one is it?

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

Interesting.  So on the roku client there is no option to just play the channel?  Only an option to play the show that is currently on?

i think we're getting off topic. the method initiating playback on a channel doesn't really have anything to do with live tv stopping after a set period of time or stopping after a program ends. there is nothing in the app or MBS that does that so we're just trying to find out where that's happening.

krustyreturns

There isn't a 'play' button below the channel? like this:

543eb3d712285_channelSnip.jpg

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

Ok.  If someone can post a swmc log after a live tv stream shuts down, I can see what is happening in the backend.  See the debug tab in swmc to find the log.

krustyreturns

@@mcleanp, thanks for the log.  Did the stream end correspond to the end of the show you were watching?  

@@Luke according to the log, MBS starts a live stream in swmc and, a little over three hours later, MBS makes a call to close the stream.   Swmc did not close the stream on its own due to some internal error or user specified run length limit.  See:

2014/10/16 08:34:08.762 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@CETONWHSERVER@0|::1|OpenLiveStream|46102|IncludeStreamInfo
2014/10/16 11:47:41.930 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@CETONWHSERVER@0|::1|CloseLiveStream

Your right it didn't close based on a shoe ending. I tried this on both of my rokus and it look like it stops in a few hours. I thought it was shorter.

I guess the thing is can we have mediabrowser not shut this down? Or be able to set a limit or no limit for live tv programing?

krustyreturns

Did you keep the MBS logs from this run?   How much disk space do you have on the machine that is running MBS and swmc?