Invalid Application

Savage13

fraenhawk

Okay, I installed the new super-log version and captured two logs of the program not responding and finally got one of the invalid application on launch. Not only did I run into the launch problems from WMC but I also had one of the times where it was all weird - didn't read the settings (I use coverflow to look through shows/movies and it was running in 2-high poster), my shows library wasn't showing a show that I knew should have been the most recent unwatched, the other libraries were showing no unwatched and when I would go into them would just show "No Items" in a giant font. When I exited those libraries, items would then show up in unwatched and I could even browse into those, yet if I went into the library itself there were still no items. I could probably figure out which log that was if you want to look into that one too.

Not responding 1: https://app.box.com/s/jphjkwbq240lsw2abo4t

Not responding 2: https://app.box.com/s/zfxk7j1w63ra7stcifvr

Invalid Application: https://app.box.com/s/heaqt7m7tgrt0rftu3hc

I'll revert to beta for now since this is creating massive log files. Thanks

fraenhawk

Wow, things are getting freaky on this machine. Uninstalled .240 deleted the programdata mbc directory and redownloaded beta. Power rangers is showing my music library icon, the Kids shows library has the walking dead poster, anime library has 2 broke girls poster. Went into the shoes library and the opposite is true - walking dead shows the anime library image, 2 broke girls has the movies library image.

Exited and reentered multiple times with no change. Exited mbc, deleted the local imagecache directory and relaunched and now everything looks good again...

All of that image stuff is because I completely re-wrote the image caching with the earlier releases so it won't be backward compatible.

But, the weirdness continues.  Each time you are running the program a different error is occurring.  The only thing they have in common is that the responses we are getting back from the server are messed up but it is different calls each time and, on the one where it actually crashed it was a timeout.

Make sure your network drivers are up-to-date on that machine.  Try disabling anything you have that might be monitoring network traffic like a firewall or AV software.

fraenhawk

Well, the interesting news is that since doing the uninstall/reinstall and then re-deleting the local imagecache directory I have had 0 problems on that PC (knock on wood). And launch speeds are back down to the first 2 dots of the MBC load screen.