Live TV option with iOS/ipad

ajohnson5080

ajohnson5080

First of all, having been a longtime plex user, love the interface.  I immediately became a lifetime member after using your server-- LOVE live TV integration on android.  When is this feature coming to the ios app?  I am totally cancelling my Dish account when it does.  Hopefully soon?!?

ajohnson5080

It's a planned feature for iOS that we hope to offer soon. Thanks for your support.

Should I call and cancel Dish now, or are we looking early next year??

fantaxp7

Should I call and cancel Dish now, or are we looking early next year??

That would be a large leap of faith [emoji2] . I'd say hold off until you see it released.

ajohnson5080

That would be a large leap of faith [emoji2] . I'd say hold off until you see it released.

LOL. Wishful thinking.  I have a Roku to hold us over, so I'm calling Dish tonight to cancel.  This was the final solution I was waiting for.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if there's a better place for this.  I just wanted to add, I'm also excited/waiting for Live TV on the iOS app.  Everything else is so awesome.  Great product guys!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Utilizing the latest dev build and the web gui I am able to get Live TV to play for 1 segment length (11sec - 12sec) in duration after that the frame freezes and audio and video stops.

Some additional info:

When playing via Chrome MediaBrowser generates a .webm file and live streaming works as expected.

When playing via Safari / iOS MediaBrowser generates a .m3u8 file and streams the first 12 seconds of Live TV before freezing 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
moviefan

This used to work really well with the Web Client on IOS but is pretty much unusable for me now so I am really looking forward to the app version as well.