MPC-HC items not being marked watched

GShock

Did you enable the web interface in MPC-HC settings as indicated in the configurator?

Yes, it was enabled.

I am happy to report that the problem has been solved. It seems the problem was in the external player settings in the configurator. As you can see if you open the drop down list on "External Player Type", MPC-HC is one of the players. Choosing MPC-HC from the list enabled me to play my files using MPC-HC, but the files weren't getting marked as played. However, choosing "Generic" and manually inputting the Player Path to MPC-HC has solved this problem.

Thank you ebr and cheesegeezer for your help.  543c3ccf0f07b_Untitled.png

You haven't really solved it.  You have just fallen back on inferior functionality.  Items will be marked played as soon as you start them now instead of respecting your resume settings on the server.  You also will not be able to resume any items.

So, you'd be better off figuring out why the connection with MPC-HC wasn't working.  If you were to post a log we could probably help.

It sounds to me like a problem with the items getting marked watched rather than the indicators.

Yes, this is the problem.

I have found the problem to be with the fact that I'm using an external media player (MPC-HC). After playing a file with MPC-HC, it does not get marked as watched. If I disable the external media player and use the WMC internal player to play a file, it gets marked as watched.

Is there any way to solve this? I would much prefer to use MPC-HC to view my media.

Edit: I set VLC media player as the external player and all files that I have played through it have been successfully marked as watched. This seems to be a problem with MPC-HC only.

Edited by GShock

you also need to be using mpc-hc in english mode. it localizes the data it sends through the api, unfortunately.