Movie trivia questions during previews

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

One thing that my setup is missing from the movie theater experience is the movie trivia questions during the previews, I think it would be cool if we had the option of having it play some sort of 30 sec clip with a trivia question. 

• Like 3

Xzener

In the meantime, you can create 30sec video clips of still photos... One of the few things I've done with Microsoft Movie Maker.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

CashMoney

We used to do this with MeediOS. Kept it open by keeping things to set default styles, e.g. trivia, guess film name by images, blurred actors, etc. Then had users submit in specific image pairs; a question image and an answer image. The plugin would then randomly play image pairs* at timed intervals (interval set by users) until the stop button was pushed, at which point, much like the cinema mode/trailers plugin, the main item would play or the next plugin such as trailers. I think I brought this up before, and I may still have some of the old trivia files hanging around we could use as examples/inspiration for our own. I'm happy to pitch in for artwork/template styling etc and I'd be willing to bet others would too. It's the coding where I'd be stuck.

This sort of thing would be great in my house because no-one is ever ready to actually sit right then and watch a film, got to pee, get a drink, make a call .... and when the rest are waiting they invariably think getting a drink is good idea and get up again ... 20 minutes later everyone might actually all be sitting down at the same time. :)

* So we would have say 4 folders, 1 for each category. Trivia, fanart - guess the movie, blurred actor, famous quote. Then in each folder a pair of images, e.g. trivia1_q and trivia1_a, trivia2_q and trivia2_a. The plugin would then randomly choose from these pools and users can add what they wish from user created content.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

good point.. in our house we often have those 20 mins "rests" in the middle as well

so id love this as a 3rd type of screensaver for some of the "living room" clients (mbc/xbmb3c/mbt) 

if a future plugin is made and it could be both "intro" style or "screensaver style" that would be great.. and efficient if they both use the same source "slides"

• Like 2

LiquidFX

That looks to be something that would work, now if somebody could work something out with them and create the plugin for it.

candybar213

Looks like just inserting a slide for a few seconds then the answer slid to make small short video files would work. Maybe separate the q & a slide by one from a different pack. An some music.

I thought about combining each q&a slide into a short video with a fade between them and some music that would sound decent on a short loop. That way I could use MBIntros to play them randomly before a movie. And ideally the music would be (somewhat) continuous between clips. (although I'd imagine there will be a short delay between clips, but that's the best I can think of for now)

LiquidFX

I have started creating a 30 sec video, 21 for the question and 9 sec for the answer. It plays after 2 movie trailers have played and then the movie starts.

firestorm213

I had done something similar to your where I downloaded those slides then put them in power point and saved the power point as a video.  It was a lot of work for only 7 min worth of slides.  It would be great if they we had something like XBMC where we put the files in a folder named a certain way an it displays everything automatically.  Also if we could do like someone else and set it as a screen saver that would be epic.  2 minutes of inactivity = trivia start.

• Like 1