APP doesnt work with reverse proxy

pir8radio

pir8radio

I cant get the app to login to my server through a reverse proxy...   just sits there trying to connect to server...  yet on the server end it shows my phone trying to connect.    Any ideas how to get this to work?  or insight on what the app is doing that is different from the web interface?   different paths used?  anything i'm missing?

7illusions

First quesrion: WindowS Phone app or Windows 8.1 store app?

Second: What version of the server are you running, stable, beta or dev?

The dev version currently doesn't work with the apps.

pir8radio

OOPS, sorry Illusions is correct, i meant to post this under the WINDOWS PHONE 8 apps...  Can somone move it?

Second, im running version: 3.0.5395.0 of server..

pir8radio

win 7 pro 64 bit, firewall off for local proxy access,   only port 80 is open on my router, thats the way i want it, hence the reverse proxy.     but as long as everything on the MB3 server is on a single port it should work.   Does the app use any path other than http://SERVER:PORT/mediabrowser/*  ?   or does the app try to reference the original MB3 server address?   Web interface works fine.  

ScottIsAFool

Nope, uses nothing more than what you've put above. I'll have to do some digging and try and set it up here so I can give it a try, otherwise I have no idea what's wrong.

pir8radio

well let me know if you need me to send you a guest account login, and the address to my server...    PM me or whatever.. i can create an account tonight..

ScottIsAFool

This will be sorted in the next release of the app, current beta versions work fine for reverse proxies. 

pir8radio

it ended up being the phone client...  ScottIsAFool took care of it for me..