Manually Mark a Show "Watched"

manicjonah
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

manicjonah

For as long as I've used Mediabrowser (serveral years of MB2 all the way to present day MB3) I've had an issue with the play indicator.  They seem to work sporadically and long ago they'd stop working all together.

My problem, now is that the indicators don't seem to be working reliably.  I'd love to troubleshoot the problem but what I really want is to be able to manually mark a show "watched" in MB Classic.  Is there a way?

I attempted to do this through the MB3 server interface and though all of the shows in a series are checked when I view them in the web gui the same isn't true in WMC.  Is the "watched" status supposed to sync?

Otherwise, can I manually mark a show "watched" in MB3 Classic?

Is there a way to mark shows "watched" in bulk?

Thanks for the help,

MJ

• Solution

First, let's figure out what your real issue is.  As for "syncing" there is no syncing to do because MBC just displays what is on the server.  Are you using the same login for the web client as you do for MBC?  Watched status is kept for every user.

But, yes, you can easily mark items watched in MBC.  It is the same as it has been all the way back to MB 2.  Ctl-W or the "clear" button on your remote, or bring up the context menu and select "Mark Played".

• Like 1

manicjonah

ebr,

Interesting question that you ask . . . and it has made me realize that the majority of the confusion that has prompted my recent posting spree is due to the fact that I created an Admin account to manage MB3 but that account is only an admin account by title - in other words I named it "admin" and expected it to allow me to make global changes to MB3.  <SMH>

THIS is a feature that I'd like to see.  I guess I'll find the feature request forum.  I understand why all user accounts are managed independently but I'd like the option to make any change apply to all profiles.  

Thanks for the clarification, you helped me a lot.

MJ