Can't Download Plugins Through MB Classic Configurator

Tester

Tester

Was going to install a new theme today when I noticed that the More Plugin button was missing.

I also noticed that GameBrowser was red but there was no update button... So I uninstalled it and sill no More Plugin button.

Reset sysem and then tried to update MBC to dev 3.0.143 and still no button.

Any ideas ?

Tester

My apologies, I missed this item when reading the release notes, my mind was focused on another issue/fix.

Thanks

Redshirt

Plugins are installed within MBC now. Launch MBC and go into the settings.

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
ge2301

Hello,

I installed mediabrowser classic und just have one plugin available: Chocolate Theme.

I'd like to install further plugins, so I press on "plugin catalog" on the right side.

But the next Screen is always empty --> no plugins to select

Firewall is configured and Internet available.

How can I download plugins?

Ge2301

Koleckai Silvestri

Plugin catalog hasn't loaded for me for a few days now. Get server timeouts. Posted about it in the tester area but no feedback from developers yet.

Plugin catalog hasn't loaded for me for a few days now. Get server timeouts. Posted about it in the tester area but no feedback from developers yet.

Does it load in the Dashboard?

Koleckai Silvestri

No. 

Does it load in the Dashboard?

No. Server times out. Posted the error log in the server build area. Catalog times out for everything except Other.

ge2301

Sure, attached the Screenshot, though not much to see

Wayne Luke is right. I checked "Mediabrowser Theatre" and also there timeouts for the plugins

Ge2301535d38cfb9d6d_empty_plugin_clalog.jpg

Edited by ge2301

Not sure why you guys would be timing out and I'm not.  If you try a few times in a row, does it ever work?

DGMayor

I was seeing the same yesterday.  I closed MBC and reloaded and it came up ok.  

Not sure why you would be getting such slow response there.

I guess MBT doesn't have a time-out on the call.

Koleckai Silvestri

Was able to pull up plugin catalogs briefly yesterday. Today I get the timeouts again. This happens in Classic, Theater and Server.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Koleckai Silvestri

Oh wait... I left Theater on the Plugin Catalog page and it loaded about 5 minutes after the page was chosen.

• 2 weeks later...
bxsteez

I just updated server and MBC and the configurator shows the plugins i had previously installed but no way for me to get new plugins.  Before I updated it was working fine.  I was trying to check out MB Plus..  Anyone have any ideas?

I just updated server and MBC and the configurator shows the plugins i had previously installed but no way for me to get new plugins.  Before I updated it was working fine.  I was trying to check out MB Plus..  Anyone have any ideas?

This changed several versions ago.

• 4 weeks later...
Cirdecus

It seems awkward to login into WMC to install and manage plugins.  Typically this isn't done often and is much easier to do in windows. Why was it removed from the configurator?

Doesn't seem awkward to me. You're on the couch, remote in hand, you want to try about a new theme. Who wants to whip out the keyboard when you can do it with a remote? Similarly, does google tv or apple tv make you minimize to the desktop to install apps?

What was awkward was having to get out of MBC and run a desktop app to manage your plug-ins :).

• 1 month later...
abc xyz

I am unable to install any plugin in Media Browser Classic.

First I tried through browser. It says

"This plug-in must be installed from MBClassic"

as shown in below screenshot.

53db5309deaa6_Capture2.jpg

Then I tried it installing through MB Classic Configurator, but there is't any option to search and add plugin, as following screenshot.

53db53c2add76_Capture1.jpg

Lastly I tried to install plugin through Windows Media Center, but when I click on any plugin. it gets blackout, and dosen't show any further option. See following Screenshot.

Shot before I click to install a plugin

53db551b75144_Capture11.jpg

Shot after I click to install a plugin

53db55606679b_Capture12.jpg

Media Browser Server Version: 3.0.5309.26857

Media Browser Classic Version:  3.0.196.0 7-19.1 (I think it is Latest)

Can anyone Help Me.... Please!!!

BATTLE DONKEY

You have to enable admin status to the profile in the server settings first under users tab. Then go into MBClassic and u can download the plugins for classic or the server for plugins there.

Its meant to prevent other users from messing things up

It is a resolution problem.  Looks like a 4:3 monitor?

Try putting WMC into windowed mode and stretch it to a 16x9 aspect ratio.  Then try installing.

Hopefully, I'll find a way to handle this better but I don't want to compromise the experience for a format that maybe only 1% of users will be using these days.

• Like 1

abc xyz

You have to enable admin status to the profile in the server settings first under users tab. Then go into MBClassic and u can download the plugins for classic or the server for plugins there.

Its meant to prevent other users from messing things up

It is a resolution problem.  Looks like a 4:3 monitor?

Try putting WMC into windowed mode and stretch it to a 16x9 aspect ratio.  Then try installing.

Hopefully, I'll find a way to handle this better but I don't want to compromise the experience for a format that maybe only 1% of users will be using these days.

Thanks to both of you

• 2 weeks later...
kevinmd88

I can't remember when this issue started for me, but I am confident it's been present for several major release versions... To be honest, I'm not even sure if this isn't the way it's supposed to work now. But, either way, I wanted to inquire about it because it's rendered me unable to install, update, or even configure any plugins there.

When I open the Media Browser Classic Configurator (from the Start Menu) and go to the Plugins screen, this is what I see:

53e7b8f1f2e2d_ss.jpg

As you can see, the only button there is a "Remove" button. I do not see a way to look for more plugins, configure existing ones, or even update them.