Can't Download Plugins Through MB Classic Configurator

Tester

Cheesegeezer

I can't remember when this issue started for me, but I am confident it's been present for several major release versions... To be honest, I'm not even sure if this isn't the way it's supposed to work now. But, either way, I wanted to inquire about it because it's rendered me unable to install, update, or even configure any plugins there.

When I open the Media Browser Classic Configurator (from the Start Menu) and go to the Plugins screen, this is what I see:

53e7b8f1f2e2d_ss.jpg

As you can see, the only button there is a "Remove" button. I do not see a way to look for more plugins, configure existing ones, or even update them.

As Luke says you can add plugins from within MBC itself now.  If you open up the config, you should see a tab called Plugins, this is where you can install plugins.

The only plugins that still use the old MBC Configurator as in your screen shot are ThemeVideo Backdrops and GameBrowser III

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the MB Plus server plugin.  No issues, got it set up just fine.  Went to my first client to get things set up there and my MBC Configurator is missing the "More Plug-ins..." button - so I can't download/install the MB Plus plugin for the client.  I was getting a DEV update notice on the client so the first thing I tried was installing that.  No joy.  So then I rolled it back to the last Beta.  Still missing the button.  I then deleted all of the configuration files from "C:\Users\LivingRoom\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations" as that seemed to solve a similar but not exact problem that someone else was having.  Still no joy.  So at this point I'm stuck.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

53f7038753fac_MBCConfiguratorIssue.png

AJNinGA

Thanks. I should remember not to post while tired and frustrated. Realized this morning that I was signed in as a non-admin account. That helped. :/

Sammy

I'm setting up my new HTPC and when I go to the MBC Configurator I am not able to install any plugins.. specifically, the "More Plugins" button is not there at all. I'm using version 3.0.204.0 8-28.1.

Is this a known bug? Is there a work around?

kevinmd88

So for us users who use Remote Desktop to connect to our 10-foot interfaces to manage them, and would prefer that the actual "Media Browser" user who's watching movies and stuff have no administrative rights, how exactly are you supposed to configure plugins?

Edited by kevinmd88

So for us users who use Remote Desktop to connect to our 10-foot interfaces to manage them, and would prefer that the actual "Media Browser" user who's watching movies and stuff have no administrative rights, how exactly are you supposed to configure plugins?

Create a hidden administrative user and use the new manual login capability in MBC.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
kevinmd88

Create a hidden administrative user and use the new manual login capability in MBC.

I think I miscommunicated my concern with this, sorry about that... I meant to ask about the fact that Windows Media Center itself generally doesn't work very well over Remote Desktop (if at all - I believe it actually closes itself, stating it's been opened over RDP anyway, doesn't it?), so I was wondering how this is supposed to work if it can't be launched over it anyway?

Edited by kevinmd88

Don't use RDP.  Just log in to MBC normally using the hidden administrative user and manage plug-ins or whatever else you need to.

kevinmd88

Don't use RDP.  Just log in to MBC normally using the hidden administrative user and manage plug-ins or whatever else you need to.

This defeats the entire purpose of an HTPC. I don't have a wireless keyboard and mouse to attach to an HTPC box being displayed on a ten-foot projector. I just have a remote control.

This defeats the entire purpose of an HTPC. I don't have a wireless keyboard and mouse to attach to an HTPC box being displayed on a ten-foot projector. I just have a remote control.

No, this is the whole reason this change was made.  You can now manage plug-ins inside the regular MBC interface using nothing but your remote control...

• 4 weeks later...
manicjonah

MB Classic (latest release, not beta) seems to be crippled.  I don't have the option to download new plugins through it.  Is there something wrong with my installation or is there something I need to enable to be able to download plugins?

Thanks,

MJ