Help? MCM automated download replacement

JudeC

Firstly apologies if this has been asked and answered, I did attempt a search but came up emplty

I have been a MB fan for years, but only recently made the move to MB3, so please understand i am a newb

My setup:

Old Pc running MB3 server and MB Classic connected directly to Samsung TV

NAS device hosting all my media connected via lan

My question being that i used to use MCM premium to automate my move and TV show downloads as well as fetch Metadata. But my license is expiring and honestly i would prefer to contribute towards MB, especially now that I dont need MCM as a metadata fetcher. MY issue is automating the movie and tv shows, to keep my library up to date is really easy with MCM and i cannot find a free alternative that is overly complicated. Remembering that i am technically challenged

Anyway, if anybody has any suggestions - please let me know

Thanks

BATTLE DONKEY

Not sure about movie downloads, but for tv shows I recently stumbled on this

http://showrss.info

I haven't got around to trying it out myself but have been wanting to when I get a few minutes. Seems simple enough, select what TV shows u want, copy/paste the RSS feed into utorrent n done. Let me know how it works for u if u try it out

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

Thanks for the reponses

and i did have a look at these. But it's the functionality of MCM that i want to duplicate:

The automated downloader allows me to:

• set quality (DVDrip,HDTV)etc
  • Set size (between 300mb and 600mb)
  • even exclude items (like languages)
  • Popular Movies (downloads only movies with lots of IMDB votes)
  • Decent Movies (only downloads with an IMDB vote of 5 or over)

i was hoping for software thats similar (and free)

I too use MCM for the same purposes an would love to use MB instead but i dont see this functionality being added. The whole downloading topic has been raised before and think its the potential legalities that has put the devs off. I also havent found anything that is as complete an experience as MCM.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, honestly i looked at all of the options but a little too complex for me, so i bit the bullet and paid for another year licence on MCM  :wacko: it's just more user friendly

But thanks again

CBers

Thanks for the responses, honestly i looked at all of the options but a little too complex for me, so i bit the bullet and paid for another year licence on MCM :wacko: it's just more user friendly

But thanks again

Come back if you change your mind, or why

not set up NzbDrone, CouchPotato and Sabnzbd during your year-long licence.

Edited by CBers

Spaceboy

i got a lifetime sub to mcm, so it's still churning away downloading all my tv requirements. MB3 does all the metadata downloading and moving though