Subtitles for Chromecast

DaSilva

DaSilva

Hello,

today I went to a friend of mine to install a Chromecast and Media Browser.

Firstly  I installed the Chromecast on his network and secondly I installed the lastest stable release of MBS.

Configured all of his media and fired up the web client to cast something.

So far so good, MB casts without a problem but ... and here comes the problem ... for the love of god I can't get any subtitles working :(

I tried the web client, bought the Android and iOS client but nothing works ... 

I get the option in the remote to change subtitles from Off to Unknown Language/srt/external but the green checkmark always stays on Off.

All of his media files are .mkv files with the subs embedded in the mkv container.

I have the feeling I'm missing something simple here and I've searched the forum but I cannot find any answers.

So any help would be greatly appreciated (especially since I have been telling him how great MB is for about a year now and that he should be using it ;) )

Greets, DaSilva 

start with the user profile settings of default language preferences. that will get the subtitles to play when the video starts.

unfortunately the option to change on the fly in chromecast has not been implemented yet, but it will be soon. for now, Chromecast is reporting that it supports the features which is why the remote control is displaying it. It will be supported soon.

DaSilva

Thanks Luke that did it .. atleast for series.

The movies in his library are all Blu-Ray's converted to mkv with the original pgsubs from the Blu-Ray.

Maybe pgsubs are not ok for the Chromecast?

I've pushed an update to the CC receiver. Try it again. You'll need to reboot the device to get the changes.

DaSilva

Just to verify Luke ... where exactly did you push that update to?

Because I just checked the MBS version and it's still on v3.0.5395.0 ...

DaSilva

Hey Luke, I told my friend what to test but he is a bit busy with work right now but he will try asap!!!

Will keep you posted :)

mini__me

Having a similar problem but with default audio track not with subtitles.

Web client direct transcodes the correct AC3 track, Chromecast is sent another track which includes narration. Will include logs shortly when I can get to the TV to test :)