Metadata language settings get overwritten on refresh

Ultroman

Ultroman

Hello

First of all, thank you for this awesome software!! The Samsung App is also very good already, albeit lacking in a few places (switching audiostreams doesn't work; it always uses the first available, although the UI is showing that it is using an alternate stream).

Anyway, this problem is pertaining to the MediaBrowser server itself (Version 3.0.5395.0).

It keeps resetting the language settings for an item after refreshing the data.

This "101 Dalmatians" item is in Danish, but the original is obviously English.

post-6264-0-04197200-1413809527_thumb.png

So I set the "Preferred download language" and "Country" settings to "Danish" and "Denmark" respectively.

post-6264-0-01706400-1413809080_thumb.png

And refresh the item.

post-6264-0-97516600-1413809149_thumb.png

As soon as the refresh is done, it has updated the data to the Danish descriptions and such (not the images, though)...

post-6264-0-13893100-1413809406_thumb.png

...but the language settings have been reset to <blank>

post-6264-0-90301600-1413809436_thumb.png

Which means if I refresh it again, it resets all the data to the original language, unless I manually set the language settings again before refreshing.

The folder "Animation - Dansk" has a number of items in it that are Danish (including "101 dalmatians"). If I set the metadata language settings on the folder itself and hit refresh, it removes the settings from the folder, and refreshes all the items inside it, also resetting all the metadata to the original language for all the items (probably just doing a normal refresh on them, giving the same result as posted above for each item).

So, to make the items have their localized names and descriptions, I have to set the language settings manually for each one and refresh each one separately, at the peril of having to do it all again, should I accidentally refresh the folder later.

I would LOVE to have the option to set metadata language settings for all the items in a folder! Right now all the items that have a sibling in English in another folder just appear twice under "Movies" with the same name, and I can't tell them apart.

Speaking of this, I wouldn't be able to tell movies apart, if they are called the same in both English and Danish (like "Aladdin"). It would be very cool if we could somehow group several items of the same title, so when we click on it, we can select which language (file) we want to view. Just like you have now for different size rips and 3D versions (I haven't tested this feature yet, but I read about it).

EDIT: Obviously I could "just" put the different audiostreams into the same file. This is easy for MKVs, but many of the items are AVIs and/or are recorded at different speeds, so the audiostreams don't match up. It would be a massive amount of work to make them work properly. And again, there's a problem switching audiostreams in the Samsung app, so this isn't a solution for me atm.

Edited by Ultroman