DLNA error in logs

jsbarde

jsbarde

Getting a ton of the following error in my logs, sometimes as often as every few seconds:

2014-10-21 00:48:00.6132 Error - Dlna: Error reporting progress
Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
System.FormatException
  at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
  at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithDashes(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
  at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
  at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<OnPlaybackProgress>d__37.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<_device_PlaybackProgress>d__16.MoveNext()

Anyone have any idea how to fix. 

jsbarde

The server is a windows 2008 R2 box. 

For clients I have:

• 2 - roku 3
  • 2 - windows 8.1 PC with media browser theater
  • 1 - nexus 10 tablet

Rarely (if ever) do the all run at once.

As far as I know I'm not using any DLNA devices, however I probably have a few devices that can do it (I think my Denon receiver has that capability and I think maybe my Sonos system does as well and my Xbox One / 360) 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently trying to get the PlayTo feature working with my Panasonic Viera 2014 model. I realized that the log starts getting filled with these "Error reporting progress" messages as soon as the TV is switched on:

2014-10-30 19:08:16.9260 Error - Dlna: Error reporting progress
GUID muss 32 Ziffern mit 4 Bindestrichen enthalten (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
System.FormatException
  bei System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
  bei System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
  bei System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
  bei System.Guid..ctor(String g)
  bei MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<OnPlaybackProgress>d__37.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
  bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  bei MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<_device_PlaybackProgress>d__16.MoveNext()

Is this the same issue that will be fixed for the next server release?

I found out that as long as these error messages are generated, I'm not able to PlayTo the TV, I get a "(500) Interner Serverfehler." message in the web client, the log shows:

014-10-30 19:08:17.6650 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
  bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
  bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
  bei MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<SendCommandAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
  bei MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<SetAvTransport>d__2e.MoveNext()
  bei MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<SetPlaylistIndex>d__33.MoveNext()
  bei MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<PlayItems>d__30.MoveNext()
  bei MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToController.<SendPlayCommand>d__1c.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.
  bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  bei System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
  bei MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()

When I manually switch to the MediaPlayer on the TV (without playing anything), the messages stop and I'm able to use PlayTo also, so it would be great if this problem would automatically disappears with that fix.

• 2 weeks later...

A short update on this topic.

Good news:

Updating to server build 3.0.5424.1 also removed the "Error reporting progress" errors for me!

Bad news:

The PlayTo is still only working when I first switch to the internal MediaPlayer of the Panasonic. When I try to start a video while TV is in normal TV mode, I still get the "(500) Internal Error" error.

I think I will try if anything can be PlayedTo the TV (e.g. directly from Windows), or if the TV is not able to automatically switch into playback mode at all.