New Security API

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@im85288 and @@xnappo

This is the new post using the latest Dev version for MBS. I guess there's no point is splitting Beta from Stable since Stable no longer work with the latest Security API.

Version: XBMC Gotham 13.2, Windows 7, XBMB3C 0.9.6021, MBS (Dev) 3.0.5407.27985

Tested:

• Watched/unwatched status
  • Report progress to server

Report:

Watched/unwatched syncing to the server seems to work (but not the same as before, see the Errors section). I tried movies and tv shows at episode level, season level and show level. Report progress to server seems to be working as well. It picks up "already in progress" and I see new episodes/movies progress appear on the server (but not the same as before, see the Errors section).

Errors

Watched/unwatched: Marking as watched does not remove the resume status anymore. To remove the content from the resume section in the webclient, we'd have to mark as watched, unwatched, watched instead of just watched. Also, at episode level, I seem to have to refresh the webclient for it to reflect the latest watch status (it used to be instant, without having to refresh the page). Edit: All of this seems to be coming from the server side as I got the same results using the webclient only.

Report progress: It seems to only report to the server when the episode or movie is stopped. They will not show up before then, making it difficult to simply walk away from the TV with mobile in hands and resume using the webclient while still having the same content playing on TV.

Movie view: My movie view/multiplex view for "All Movies" (movies+collections) seems to reset to the sets view after any actions (except scrolling thru the list). I tried setting a default view for my movies via the plugin, but it still gets overwritten as soon as I enter my movies, finish watching a movie, stop a movie, or even just enter a collection and back out of it, etc. I am currently using Aeon MQ5. I'm very confident I didn't have this issue before upgrading to the beta add-on. I will try with a different skin later. Edit: It seems to have solved itself after I tried again for the 4th time. Odd.

I also seem to have a few unsupported plugin protocol (only warnings) in my log. I've attached it to the post for more information (latest, using MBS Dev). 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctte2js5ps9gzi5/xbmc2_10-21-2014.log?dl=0

Edit: Here is some additionnal information. It still seems to report what's playing, but not the playback progress. It will still create a resume point, that's when you'll be able to see it in the resume section of the webclient.

54474bd244a17_Active_device.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

im85288

With the new Security API currently enabled on the DEV server, some things break in this addon..such as authorisation, marking things watched, reporting progress etc etc.

With this in mind we need some brave testers on the BETA repo (version 0.9.6021) to stress test that things are working/not working.

Please report here with any findings.

Thanks.

• Like 1

xnappo

Please help us test this guys - we need to get it right before it goes live.

Thanks,

xnappo

Angelblue05

@@im85288 and @@xnappo

Is there a way to rename the add-on from beta repo to XBMB3C Beta to have two different entries (in the list of add-ons)? I upgraded the add-on to the beta version and the option to rollback is grayed out. It's not a big deal as I backup my addon and addon_data before then, but it would make beta testing way easier in the future.

Version: XBMC Gotham 13.2, Windows 7, XBMB3C 0.9.6021, MBS 3.0.5395.0 (I hope I didn't have to switch to Dev as well? It wasn't very clear.) Re-reading the post made me realize I should have tested with the new Dev version. Arghhh :(, back to the testing board. I will post new results in a new post.

Tested:

Report:

I have no issues with Watched/unwatched syncing to the server. I tried movies and tv shows at episode level, season level and show level. Report progress to server seems to be working as well. It picks up "already in progress" and I see new episodes progress appear on the server.

Errors:

I only seem to be experiencing one issue. My movie view seems to change (resets to first view set in skin's xml) after any actions (except scrolling thru the list). I tried setting a default view for my movies via the plugin, but it still gets overwritten as soon as I enter my movies, finish watching a movie, stop a movie, or even just enter a collection and back out of it, etc. I also seem to have a few unsupported plugin protocol (only warnings) in my log. I've attached it to the post for more information. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuiqxtiy4xbwoqf/xbmc_10-21-2014.log?dl=0

Edit:

I have reverted back to the stable version, but the view error persists. I'm confident enough to say I didn't have this issue before upgrading to the beta.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Fyi - when the next server beta goes out i will add a workaround to retain compatibility for your current stable version. No sense disrupting people. But hopefully this upcoming release will be the last time that we have to do that.

im85288

@@im85288 and @@xnappo

This is the new post using the latest Dev version for MBS. I guess there's no point is splitting Beta from Stable since Stable no longer work with the latest Security API.

Version: XBMC Gotham 13.2, Windows 7, XBMB3C 0.9.6021, MBS (Dev) 3.0.5407.27985

Tested:

Report:

Watched/unwatched syncing to the server seems to work (but not the same as before, see the Errors section). I tried movies and tv shows at episode level, season level and show level. Report progress to server seems to be working as well. It picks up "already in progress" and I see new episodes/movies progress appear on the server (but not the same as before, see the Errors section).

Errors

Watched/unwatched: Marking as watched does not remove the resume status anymore. To remove the content from the resume section in the webclient, we'd have to mark as watched, unwatched, watched instead of just watched. Also, at episode level, I seem to have to refresh the webclient for it to reflect the latest watch status (it used to be instant, without having to refresh the page). Edit: All of this seems to be coming from the server side as I got the same results using the webclient only.

Report progress: It seems to only report to the server when the episode or movie is stopped. They will not show up before then, making it difficult to simply walk away from the TV with mobile in hands and resume using the webclient while still having the same content playing on TV.

Movie view: My movie view/multiplex view for "All Movies" (movies+collections) seems to reset to the sets view after any actions (except scrolling thru the list). I tried setting a default view for my movies via the plugin, but it still gets overwritten as soon as I enter my movies, finish watching a movie, stop a movie, or even just enter a collection and back out of it, etc. I am currently using Aeon MQ5. I'm very confident I didn't have this issue before upgrading to the beta add-on. I will try with a different skin later. Edit: It seems to have solved itself after I tried again for the 4th time. Odd.

I also seem to have a few unsupported plugin protocol (only warnings) in my log. I've attached it to the post for more information (latest, using MBS Dev). 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctte2js5ps9gzi5/xbmc2_10-21-2014.log?dl=0

Edit: Here is some additionnal information. It still seems to report what's playing, but not the playback progress. It will still create a resume point, that's when you'll be able to see it in the resume section of the webclient.

54474bd244a17_Active_device.jpg

Thanks for the detailed report. There was a problem with the reporting progress so thanks for outlining that. Another problem I was having was with a Content-Length field preventing things like Mark Watched from working. These are now fixed in the new version 0.9.6022

Fyi - when the next server beta goes out i will add a workaround to retain compatibility for your current stable version. No sense disrupting people. But hopefully this upcoming release will be the last time that we have to do that.

I think everything is working correctly now so it could be possible this makes the stable release depending on feedback and @xnappo 

• Like 2

Angelblue05

The server is still reporting what I watched last night before going to bed. I don't know if this help, but I was watching something that was already marked as watched. I didn't have this issue when I was testing because everything that I watched was unwatched first. It is not reporting the movie in the resume section, because I ended the movie after the 90% mark.

54483a39ce833_activedevices_stuck.jpg

either the playback stop report didn't come in or it failed.

i will add a timeout for that but it should be looked at client-side as well.

• Like 1

xnappo

Thanks for your work on this - both of you.

I will do some testing with the latest version tonight.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Angelblue05

The progress report seems to be fixed with the new version of XBMB3C 0.9.6022. However, the watch status seems to be flacky. I will test further to find out what's going on.

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Thanks for confirming the progress report works now. Watched status seems to work fine for me.

We need some more test results guys. @, @@xnappo, @@boywhosetsfire, @@marcelveldt to prevent errors getting into the main repo.

The agreement was all Devs should be on BETA but as can be seen the BETA repo is still very underused.

Edited by im85288

marcelveldt

Actually I'm testing today.... so far everything seems fine with me but off course I'll do some more testing.

xnappo

We just need a killer feature to get people to use the Beta repo.  New API security isn't very bright and shiny :)

People who volunteered to test though - please do so!

I haven't seen any problems - I want to do some more controlled testing and examine the server log tonight.

Thanks,

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Can we do more testing using profiles, @@xnappo? I have noticed when I switch profile, the same user account reports to MBS. This is why I thought the watched status was flaky earlier.

Version: XBMB3C 0.9.6022, MBS (dev) 3.0.5407.27985

Problem:

I am using XBMC to switch profiles. Each profile is set up with their own MBS account. When there is a profile switch, the first profile, when XBMC started, will remain as the account reporting to MBS. It causes a mix up with the watched status/resume section. To recap, I have another profile's content being marked as watched or being added to my resume section under my own profile.

Observation:

I've noticed in my xbmc log, there doesn't seem to be a profile check before playing content. To reset the account reporting to MBS, a switch of profile and a restart of XBMC is required (if another switch is done, we are back to having the same problem).

Edit: Here is a potential related issue posted in the server section http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/11848-mbs-reporting-the-wrong-account-logged-in-on-device/?p=141645 @@saitoh183

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelveldt

My test results....

I'm using latest MB3 server dev build on my server.

When using XBMB3C from normal repo (not the beta) things like mark watched do not work, also errors in the xbmc log.

When using the BETA version of XBMB3C it's working normal again.

So, this looks good!

Can't tell about the profiles though, as I am not using multiple profiles.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@xnappo I can't really say but I definitely didn't experience this problem until recently.

I will keep a close eye on profile switch to see. It's funny, because I didn't get any issues yesterday.

Edit: I am still experiencing the same issue. The wrong account is reporting to MBS after the profile switch. I will start the problem in it's own thread, because I don't think it's related to beta since my brother seems to also be experiencing this issue (he's still using XBMB3C 0.9.602).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@xnappo and @@im85288

Version: XBMB3C 0.9.6023, MBS (dev) 3.0.5413.14205

Problem:

The play to XBMB3C option using the Webclient no longer works (since I switched to beta). I haven't noticed this because I limited my testing to XBMC/XBMB3C. When I am in the Webclient and I select XBMB3C as the output, I'm unable to play any content(movies and TV shows). If I "trick" it by having webclient selected first and then switching to XBMB3C and pressing the play button, the following error appears: XBMB3C is unable to play the requested media type. (Sorry if this doesn't relate to Security API, I assumed it did...)

Example using XBMB3C as output:

544ede60b286c_webclient_play.jpg

Example using Web client as output:

544edff31321c_webclient.jpg

MBS log error:

2014-10-27 19:22:39.3136 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	XBMC is unable to play the requested media type.
	System.ArgumentException
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.SendPlayCommand(String controllingSessionId, String sessionId, PlayRequest command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Session.SessionsService.Post(Play request)
	   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
	   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<CreateExecFn>b__5(Object service, Object request)
	   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2014-10-27 19:22:39.3136 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Sessions/c46a11b9bfc84e379d9a7ff502f49f2f/Playing?ItemIds=49abf26c6288c5cdea6ee4bf02781106&PlayCommand=PlayNow
	XBMC is unable to play the requested media type.
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available
Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

Weird - I just tried this here and remote play works fine.

Can you turn on debugging level 1 in XBMB3C and post the log from there?  

Thanks,

xnappo

P.S. Oh - I am running 5395 server - will try my dev server.

[EDIT] Nope - works fine with the dev server too....  I am using Chrome - not sure if that matters.

Edited by xnappo

Angelblue05

After further investigation, this is not a XBMB3C problem. I'm unable to send any requests using the webclient, so it might be a MBS problem.

Edit: Just learned it's because I'm using dev version of MBS. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

I just pushed a new tagged version to the beta repo.  Once someone verified it installs good for them - I will push to the main repo.  Only change was a version bump.

xnappo

xnappo

Thanks.  I have released it to the main repo.  I will give it a few days and then FINALLY release this to the official XBMC repo too.

xnappo