Advanced Intros - feature request

foghat

Hey ebr,

Wondering if you would consider expanding the 'Play audio format' functionality. Would love to see something similar to what xbmc cinema experience does in being able to specify different audio intros based on the movie's audio track.

Example: if movie audio track is DTS HD, play intro 1, if Dolby TrueHD, play intro 2, if FLAC play intro 3, etc, etc.

The way Cinema Experience implements this is you need to name your audio intros as a specific name and there is a hard coded mapping of movie audio track type to the specific intro file name. This isn't ideal, would be great to be able to physically pick what file is played for what movie audio track.

Thoughts?

Golden. This must be newer functionality?

Would it be difficult to add one for FLAC or maybe an 'other' - where if none of the defined audio tracks, play other.ext ?

I assume the bulleted values above are what the audio files need to be named?

Edited by foghat

This functionality has been there since the beginning.

I assume the bulleted values above are what the audio files need to be named?

Read the paragraph under the bullets...

This functionality has been there since the beginning.

Read the paragraph under the bullets...

Not sure how I could have possibly missed this functionality.

I did read the paragraph and assumed the bullets were what the files needed to be named, but that is not completely clear. The bulleted list is stated to be a list of valid audio types, not the name of the audio files to be played for each type. I know you've got the example to try make it clear. Probably is and I'm just being anal.

Any thoughts on my suggestion above about adding a FLAC or 'other' audio type?

Flac is actually already there as are wma, aac and vorbis.  I just couldn't list them all in that little window so those are just the most important examples.

Flac is actually already there as are wma, aac and vorbis.  I just couldn't list them all in that little window so those are just the most important examples.

Sweet! thx!