No HD audio when playing ISOs after MBT update

rikiwi

rikiwi

MB Theater Version - 3.0.5391.39711(Latest)

Win7 64bit

I uninstalled last week then today I re-installed MBT

I noticed no option to install LAV Filters came up as it used to do, is this normal behavior? (I had previously uninstalled these)

I get no audio in the following: Live TV, Recorded TV, Theatre Trailers & TuneIn in Channels.

All movies, TV Shows, play fine.

Do I need to manually install LAV Filters?

Also there is no Music or my own Videos showing up, I'm sure these used to be there in previous versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Same issue here no audio in some areas

uninstalled all codecs and Media Browser Theater

Reinstalled MBT and it installed LAV and XY-VSfilter

Still no audio, Volume control shows no meter movement.

Thanks

Aphid

You don't need to install LAV Filters any more, MBT will automatically install an internal copy for its own use.

There seems to be an issue with audio for streamed video. Movies and TV shows, etc, are direct played rather than streamed, which is why they are still working. We'll look into fixing it, but it isn't yet clear if this is an issue with MBT or the server.

rikiwi

I should have said in my initial post that audio is working in all areas of the server, the android app and MB Classic.

Aphid

Yes, it is likely that either MBT is sending some kind of invalid streaming parameters to the server (which the server also isn't sanitising), or that it is an issue which only shows in rare situations (which MBT happens to often fall in to, but other clients do not).

install the latest MBT from the website. i am unable to reproduce these issues. you probably want to review the audio settings in the app.

gmanhdtv

I no longer have audio from movies stored on the server.  This affects 3 different pc's.  Audio from trailers works fine.  Latest MBT version and server version.

Any ideas??

gmanhdtv

install the latest MBT from the website. i am unable to reproduce these issues. you probably want to review the audio settings in the app.

Luke, thanks for the response.  I actually did re install MB Theater from the site.  Before re-installing, I kept getting "error processing your request" after the most recent server update, when trying to play movies on the PC's.  Movies will now play, but no audio, before any changes to MB Theater, trailers would play fine, audio and video.  Two of the PC's are using HDMI Audio and the other is strickly 2 channel audio for an older set-up. 

Any tips or suggestions on Lav Audio settings to try will be appreciated as I have tried several different approaches to no avail.  Two are running Nvidia ( 1HDMI) the (other stereo out) one PC with ATI using HDMI.  All 3 have exact same issues.

Thanks,

Glenn

I had the same issue as gman including the "processing" issues.  No sound on live TV and some channel content.  Still hoping for a fix.

Edited by pjpettis

gmanhdtv

Any updates or help concerning the "no audio" problem I described above??  Over 300  movies on my server with no means to enjoy them!

Make sure to post the MBT logs when this happens, and if it's streamed internet content, the server's transcoding log as well. thanks.

ahh Luke it seems my thread maybe related to this one. as I recall these are the exact same errors I am getting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HappyGilmour

MBT 3.0.5406.40074

Just installed on Win 7. MKV files play fine in Windows Media Player and even MB3 Classic. But I get no audio using MBT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Happy

After downloading the latest update from the website for MBT, HD audio for internally played ISO files no longer works. Video displays fine, but audio is silent. When I play files with non-HD audio, it plays fine.

MBT version: 3.0.5409.21314

Server version: 3.0.5395.0

Attached is a log of me trying multiple ISOs with the same results of no audio.

This is directly related to MBT update as I played a movie 5 minutes ago with older version of MBT without any problems. Immediately after installation of new version from website, audio disappeared.

Thank you,

P.S. Is there any way to recover an older version of MBT to reinstall for cases like this?

theater-63549684204.txt

Edited by Yoda

After looking through the log myself to try and identify the error, it seems that every time the audio didn't play, the error in the log was "1295 Warn - InternalDirectShowPlayer: LAV Audio could not decode audio media type." Hopefully this will help solve this.

tested mine last night on my desktop (not on the mediacentre) and it seemed to have been resolved as I had the same issues as above all week on my desktop also.

Any way to stop the updates on the local machine? as I seem to only get options to run beta and update to offical and one other option, but nothing that disables updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

babgvant

If it is the same problem as with the Revision 3 streams the root cause has been identified and fixed.

For those who are curious the problem was that I was using an object which defines (er is supposed to define) what's in the file. As it turns out that is only reliable for content that is in the MB library (and given some of the comments here, maybe not even 100% for that). So the solution was to not trust that.

I don't think this is related as the problem still persists. I didn't see an updated version being downloaded via auto update and after trying the website link again, it's the same 21314 version of MBT where there is no audio. My guess is Luke is still working on it.