wmc crashes with a double "skip back" in new interface

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

I've noticed that whenever I hit the "skip back" button twice in quick succession, wmc (not mb) crashes and restarts. Is this a known and/or reproducible problem or should I get some logs?

If wmc is crashing then I'm not sure what we'll be able to do but please reproduce and post them.  WMC can be finicky about trying to seek too quickly sometimes but I've never had it crash.

techywarrior

If I do something too quickly within the first minute or so of MBC logging in (this is probably highly dependent on library size, network speed, CPU etc.) I can get it to pop the WMC message that the program is not responding and do I want to close it. This is almost always not an impending crash tho. I just say cancel and once MBC finishes getting the data it had requested from MBS (I presume) it continues.

Not sure if you are experiencing similar or if it actually hard crashes.

If I do something too quickly within the first minute or so of MBC logging in (this is probably highly dependent on library size, network speed, CPU etc.) I can get it to pop the WMC message that the program is not responding and do I want to close it. This is almost always not an impending crash tho. I just say cancel and once MBC finishes getting the data it had requested from MBS (I presume) it continues.

Not sure if you are experiencing similar or if it actually hard crashes.

Yeah, that's something different.  That will happen any time you try to interact with the UI when the app thread is blocked.  Usually, as you said, if you just cancel and wait, it will come back alive.

He said WMC crashed completely - not MBC.

• 3 months later...
BradJMelb

I'm having the same issue as TheShanMan. It doesn't happen everytime I skip backwards but the result is the same. WMC crashes and restarts. I have the media browser log and windows application log but I don't know how much help they'll be. I am using the media browser playback controls, also I'm a long time media browser 2 user that has only just switched to MB3 and I never had WMC crash when skipping in MB2.

For reference, WMC crashed at 22:22:18. The MBClassic log stops with no error reported.

Application Log.txt

MBClassic-3220154792cdab177b458284272c9bc85ae395.log

Report.wer.log

Edited by BradJMelb

I'm having the same issue as TheShanMan. It doesn't happen everytime I skip backwards but the result is the same. WMC crashes and restarts. I have the media browser log and windows application log but I don't know how much help they'll be. I am using the media browser playback controls, also I'm a long time media browser 2 user that has only just switched to MB3 and I never had WMC crash when skipping in MB2.

For reference, WMC crashed at 22:22:18. The MBClassic log stops with no error reported.

attachicon.gifApplication Log.txt

attachicon.gifMBClassic-3220154792cdab177b458284272c9bc85ae395.log

attachicon.gifReport.wer.log

Yeah, same type of thing.  Media Center itself is crashing but this may be an instability introduced by the custom player interface.  You can try disabling that.