Adding New Media Metadata

Erik
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello,

I added a new video into one of the library folder and then went into the metadata manager to identify it and get the data.

1) There was no identify button available (till after I refreshed the item - is this by design?)

2) MB downloaded the metadata, but put all the extrafanart in the dir with the movie AND again in the extrafanart subfolder. So I had 2 copies of the fanart.

I just deleted the ones not in the extrafanart folder. Is this a settings I've messed up?

Log: http://paste2.org/Ezaw4PmV

Thanks,

Erik

If there wasn't an identify button then that means MB didn't know what it was (a movie or tv series or just a folder).  It is possible you just moved too fast and, if you had let MB do its thing without going to the metadata manager, it would have all shown up in a minute or two.  Or, there was a naming problem initially.

I assumed if it was visible within the metadata manager it was done. So I'll give it more time next time.

Any idea why the images are being downloaded 2x in different structures? MB is the only media software on the machine.

Thanks

• Solution

Here's a guess at what may have happened:

• You created a new folder in which to put your movie.
  • You either waited a few beats to find the actual movie file to put in there or it took a while to rip or copy it in there.
  • Before the movie file was there, MBS saw your new folder and, not finding a video in it, classified it as a folder instead of a movie.
  • You went into the metadata manager and refreshed the item before the server had seen the video file and re-adjusted itself.

If, instead you had run a library scan, or waited long enough for the automatic one to kick off, it probably would have fixed itself up.  But you're manually refreshing it may have caught it at just the wrong time.

That's all conjecture but such a scenario could occur.  Also, not saying you did anything wrong really.  Just that if things happen in just the right sequence, sometimes this type of thing could happen.  But, it should all work itself out in the end (as I think it did for you).

• Like 1

Thanks EBR!

That makes sense, as I have been creating the movie folder in the watched DIR first. Then making the video file outside of the watched DIR and once its finished, I move it into the movie folder I made for it within the watched DIR.

I'll move it all in together next time and see what happens.

Thanks again,

Erik