MBT error on play

Erik

Hi,

Server: 3.0.5395.0

MBT: 3.0.5410.33877

Tried to play a movie just now and it errors out (Tried multiple ones, different users...no luck). The Theme videos play for each item, but when I hit play I get the error.

MBT Log: http://paste2.org/AWsL7kHC

EDIT: Re-installed MBT and MBS and now I get either the error above still, or MBT crashes out to the windows desktop. The Windows 8 App plays everything ok however.

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik

Maybe one of the DEVs can explain it, @@Luke .

But I tried reinstall of MBT, video drivers, windows updates...nothing worked.

So, I tried setting the filters to "Edge" and it all works...when I select stable again, it fails just as described above.

Update: every time I start MBT, I have to switch from edge to stable and back to edge for it to work. DVD and BD MKVs are to ones faulting. MP4 and AVI always working it seems.

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik

These past few days I have been having all sorts of issue playing certain content (seems to be related to 1080p content movies and TV).  Messing around with it today, and uninstalling lav, MBT, rebooting etc nothing seem to fix it.

I did a system restore to a week ago (version 40074), and it worked like it should.  However, once the update to 38697 was applied content no longer plays.  

theater-63550114960.txt

theater-63550114827.txt

theater-63550114952.txt

Edited by lorac

Good to hear I'm not the only one. I have gotten the media playing about 80% of he time after a switching to "edge" drivers. Once in a while have to do the above procedure and switch it back twice.

This is happening on my 2 HTPC.

If more logs are needed, sometime just let me know which ones would help find the problem.

Erik

Maybe one of the DEVs can explain it, @@Luke .

But I tried reinstall of MBT, video drivers, windows updates...nothing worked.

So, I tried setting the filters to "Edge" and it all works...when I select stable again, it fails just as described above.

Update: every time I start MBT, I have to switch from edge to stable and back to edge for it to work. DVD and BD MKVs are to ones faulting. MP4 and AVI always working it seems.

Thanks,

Erik

Please confirm the latest is still consistent with this, and if it I'll see if babgvant can look into it.

Yes that's the version I have.

I tested several movies (all mkv, some DB some DVD). Which the filters set to "stable" they seem to work, then I tested another BD and caused an error (Checked the log, same error as in the first post log). Switched to "edge" and tried a bunch more, they all played during the testing.

So, it still is faulting, but less than a couple of days ago (it was about 80% failure when I sent the initial post), it seems better now (rare failure), but is still occurring.

I cleared all the logs for MBT and MBS, so next time an error is caused ill grab cleaner logs and post them all if that helps.

Thanks,

Erik

That version does not work for me.  I uploaded some log files in my previous post for content played in both 40074 and 38697.  The current version works on a different PC for which I've attached its log file.

theater-63550116002.txt

@@Luke

Ok, it started doing it badly again when I tried to play stuff just a couple minutes ago. Logs attached. Let me know is anything else needed for babgvant.

Server Version: 3.0.5395.0

MBT Version: 3.0.5413.38697

Server Log: http://paste2.org/OA1Pn3UP

MBT Log: http://paste2.org/HF0C0epN

MBT Log (restarted & attempted): http://paste2.org/ZJhDIE7y

Thanks,

Erik

• 4 weeks later...
TheFallenAngel

My tests can confirm that AVI and Mp4 play fine, however MKV do not play!!

Every time MKV is attempted "There was an error processing the request" error shows. (see attached).

This is beyond frustrating to a point I had to switch to Plex for my main HTPC. :( I am using Android devices for the other two locations and the Android apps have no problem. I also tested the the iOS app and it also plays fine. 

This is NOT a Server issue but only MBT issue! The web Client works fine on the same HTPC where the MBT fails miserably!

5475e0d172a3c_Capture1.png

TheFallenAngel

OK I solved my problem described above by Installing the latest LAV package from their website. The one supplied with MBT is 0.59.xxx the one I installed is 0.61.xxx and everything works just fine now. 

legallink

I had the same problem, updating the LAV package didn't do it, but switching to Edge did.  Thanks for posting!

- Nevermind...thought it fixed it, back to the Error Processing the Request.

Edited by legallink

• 2 weeks later...