Don't know how to classify this .....

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Help. A buddy and me are lost on how to classify a tv/movie. The tv/movie in question is Lonesome Dove and everything else in that series. We think it is a tv show but wonder how others are handling it. Any help would be awesome.

techywarrior

Just do a search on thetvdb.com and themoviedb.org and see which has it, or which you prefer, since those are main sources of meta data used by MB3... unless you have your own meta data and then do whatever you feel like :)

• Like 1

yardameus

Checking it out, it looks like you could do either.  TVDB has four entries Season 1 episodes 1-4 or it looks like TMDB has it as four seperate movies.  I guess it depends on how you consider these.  Do you want these as choices for Movies or as a TV show?  Pick which you think, and then place it and label it (based on how TVDB or TMDB show it) to your preference.

TolkienBard

As it was a made for television mini-series event, I classified it as television rather than movie. As others have pointed out though, it is mostly a matter of personal preference in this case. There are a number of "shows" that wind up like this. Babylon 5 has a set of movies that can be listed as individual movies, or they can be listed as "episodes" in Season 0, which handles specials.

mediacowboy

Thank you all for helping. I have always thought of it as a four part movie but I think the 4 mini series makes more sense. Again thank you all.